Malaysian cooking ingredients retailer in dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Malaysian cooking ingredients retailer in dubai

Latest post on 01 May 2017 - 20:28

Hi,

Can anyone advise where I can buy Malaysian cooking ingredients in Dubai? I am looking for a range of ingredients such as Balacan shrimp paste, Pandan, Kari ayam dan daging, Asam Gelugar, Candlenuts, Gula Melaka, etc.

I have tried so hard to find a retailer in Dubai without success. I have visited several shops in International City (Persia & China clusters), Global Village is no use and I have tried the "international" sections in several supermarkets.

Does anyone know for sure where I might be able to buy?

thanks in advance!!

Latest post on 19 November 2018 - 12:35
Hi! Not sure if anyone's still looking for this. But I have few recommendations for Asian groceries selection in Karama (near Alfa-Mart you guys have mentioned above). Walk from ADCB metro station and you'll find plenty Indonesian groceries that sells Southeast Asian groceries: Alfa-Mart, Indonesian Food Corner (https://goo.gl/maps/rsaXG9dUyVG2), Sulastri Shop (https://goo.gl/maps/QinwuzaJqJC2). They're on the same location and walkable through one place/another. So it's very easy to get around in the area in case you didn't find what you're looking for in just one store.
Latest post on 15 May 2017 - 16:43
Thanks for the update, will keep a look out and post if any alternatives found ?
Latest post on 14 May 2017 - 11:44
The best one that I found was Alfa Mart-Indonesian Grocery in Karama. Its not Malaysian but I got nearly everything that I wanted. I would love to hear if anyone knows of a better shop.
Latest post on 07 May 2017 - 14:07
Unfortunately Lulu's was not good, they had absolutely none of the products I was looking for. So I tried googling "Indonesian" as an alternative and I found 2 shops in Karama. One was a useful shop & called Alfa Mart-Indonesian Grocery. Its on 8B Street, Karama. Its small and although its not Malaysian, they did have everything I was looking for including fresh Pandan leaf, Balacan shrimp paste, various curry powders etc:):) I have another place to try called Indomart which is on intersection of Abu Hail Rd and Al Rasheed Rd. I hope this information is of help to others seeking Malaysian ingedients!
Latest post on 02 May 2017 - 22:28
Your welcome ?
Latest post on 02 May 2017 - 20:30
Hi Luluwings, Thanks so much for the information - I will try Lulu's tomorrow!!
Latest post on 01 May 2017 - 21:05
Hi, Lulu in Al Barsha have Malaysian products, have you tried there?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY