What do you do when your maid/nanny goes on annual leave? | ExpatWoman.com

What do you do when your maid/nanny goes on annual leave?

Latest post on 07 May 2017 - 09:15

My maid's annual leave is coming up and she will go back to her home country for a month.

I was wondering what other people do when their maid's are on leave? Is there a good agency I can use for just 1 month for a full-time live in?

My husband and I both work full-time and we have 2 kids, so we really need help, and we dont have enough annual leave to stay home for that month. I am worried about leaving someone new full time with the kids so I'll be dropping them to my parents place with her.

Latest post on 13 May 2017 - 18:56
Well, we plan this. We overlap our holidays and maid's holidays. Usually our holidays are shorter so remaining I and my DH manage with off from work in-between. We have been using an agency for a few years now and then, for getting the home cleaned and ironing. Food takes major planning as we don't like dining out all meals, everyday. But we have survived. ;) We are planning 1 of these in this coming summer too :biggrin:
Latest post on 11 May 2017 - 17:41
I will be in the same boat aswell end of the month. I think the only answer is to hire 3-4 days a week a agency but surely no babysitting just cleaning. ;(
Latest post on 08 May 2017 - 13:46
In the same boat!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY