Beware !! Pediatric scam in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Beware !! Pediatric scam in Dubai

Latest post on 14 May 2017 - 14:04
Thanx for the information at least we are aware of it. But you need to do formal complaint about it. Yes we have filed and official complaint. Thanks for the info. I am reading what you described and thinking to myself, would I question the action of my doctor? It gives me chilling feeling that I should not do so. Very true. Hospitalization seemed like a HUGE thing for such a small one. Our families suggested us to go for a 2nd opinion before taking any final call. Also, since the baby was feeding well, playing & pooping well, had no fever/cold/cough, this diagnosis didnt seem right anyway. This being our first baby, the entire thing was a nightmare for us. we wish nobody else has to go through this.
Latest post on 13 May 2017 - 18:38
Thanx for the information at least we are aware of it. But you need to do formal complaint about it. Yes we have filed and official complaint. Thanks for the info. I am reading what you described and thinking to myself, would I question the action of my doctor? It gives me chilling feeling that I should not do so.
Latest post on 12 May 2017 - 15:39
Who is that doctor, dear? It's illegal to name and shame in the UAE, even IF someone has done something wrong and could also hurt any case brought against that person.
Latest post on 12 May 2017 - 13:48
Thanx for the information at least we are aware of it. But you need to do formal complaint about it. Yes we have filed and official complaint.
Latest post on 12 May 2017 - 13:47
Hi All, I want to warn everyone against this pediatrician. He is a cheat & tried to hospitalize my 3 months old baby for no reason. We went to him for a routine checkup during which he took a throat swab for my 3 months old baby. we askd him why did he do that to which he responded that he is being extra cautious. after 3 days he told us that our baby is diagnosed with klebsiella pneumonia bacteria & he has to take another throat swab to be doubly sure of that. we thought that it must be a mistake since our daughter was not having any symptoms of an infection. Again after 3 days he called us to tell us that the bacteria growth has become worse now & we must admit our baby (under his friend doctor) & begin her treatment immediately. he scared us by saying that there is a very high mortality rate associated with this bacteria & how we would end up loosing time by taking a 2nd opinion. it was hard to believe because the baby showed no symptoms at all & she was playing happily (his explanation for which was that our baby is sooooo strong that she is fighting everything with a smile). After this visit we showed her to 5 different very senior pediatricians (including the ones working in DM healthcare). All of them told us that it is against protocol to take a throat swab for such a small baby when the baby has no fever. for all you know this doctor is fudging the reports, as klebsiella is only associated with UTI. I want to warn everyone about this doctor. Please Please do not take your little kids to this monster. he is worsening their health by giving them medication which is not required at all. He told us how he sent a 17 days old baby for the same treatment. He & his doctor friend have this racket going on since he was upset about filling a referral form for another hospital when we asked him to. We are lucky to be spared of this scam, but i dont know how many people have fallen for this trap in the name of doing the best for their babies. Please write here if you have experienced this before. together we can take some action against this monster & save those innocent lives. Do not 'name and shame' without proof. Go to the Ministry of Health for complaints. Hi, We do have proof and prescriptions of other doctors. We have also filed an official compliant to the Clinic. The idea here is to just inform people to take the precaution. We are out it now wish that no one has to go through this. There may be cases where people are happy with the Doctor. It is an individual to visit or not visit the doctor. This was just FYI for the forum.
Latest post on 08 May 2017 - 13:42
Who is that doctor, dear?
Latest post on 08 May 2017 - 10:48
Hi All, I want to warn everyone against this pediatrician. He is a cheat & tried to hospitalize my 3 months old baby for no reason. We went to him for a routine checkup during which he took a throat swab for my 3 months old baby. we askd him why did he do that to which he responded that he is being extra cautious. after 3 days he told us that our baby is diagnosed with klebsiella pneumonia bacteria & he has to take another throat swab to be doubly sure of that. we thought that it must be a mistake since our daughter was not having any symptoms of an infection. Again after 3 days he called us to tell us that the bacteria growth has become worse now & we must admit our baby (under his friend doctor) & begin her treatment immediately. he scared us by saying that there is a very high mortality rate associated with this bacteria & how we would end up loosing time by taking a 2nd opinion. it was hard to believe because the baby showed no symptoms at all & she was playing happily (his explanation for which was that our baby is sooooo strong that she is fighting everything with a smile). After this visit we showed her to 5 different very senior pediatricians (including the ones working in DM healthcare). All of them told us that it is against protocol to take a throat swab for such a small baby when the baby has no fever. for all you know this doctor is fudging the reports, as klebsiella is only associated with UTI. I want to warn everyone about this doctor. Please Please do not take your little kids to this monster. he is worsening their health by giving them medication which is not required at all. He told us how he sent a 17 days old baby for the same treatment. He & his doctor friend have this racket going on since he was upset about filling a referral form for another hospital when we asked him to. We are lucky to be spared of this scam, but i dont know how many people have fallen for this trap in the name of doing the best for their babies. Please write here if you have experienced this before. together we can take some action against this monster & save those innocent lives. Do not 'name and shame' without proof. Go to the Ministry of Health for complaints.
Latest post on 07 May 2017 - 18:01
So sorry to hear about your experience?, thanks for the warning xxx
Latest post on 07 May 2017 - 17:21
I don't have children but hope you can do something about this Dr. It should be reported to authorities and both medical institutions.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY