JBR or Dubai Marina - best place to move to in 2017? | ExpatWoman.com

JBR or Dubai Marina - best place to move to in 2017?

Latest post on 08 June 2017 - 13:35
23 Marina in Dubai Marina is a great building!! Highly recommended. It was one of the more spacious buildings I have seen.
Latest post on 29 May 2017 - 00:08
ANY THOUGHTS ABOUT OLD TOWN? My husband will work in Bur Dubai and my office will be in Media City. Is there anyone here who lives in Old Town? It seems perfect - walking distance to Burj Khalifa, fountains, Dubai Mall, metro..... any thoughts or suggestions?
Latest post on 23 May 2017 - 06:27
Al Fattan will certainly place you and your guests in the midst of everything. Depending on where your balcony faces, that and the JBR towers would be the most noisy. I have lived in Park Island, that is a beautiful building, but also kind of a small gym and pool that I never felt was sufficient for the towers. A newer mosque is also directly next door and the Friday prayers can be quite loud. Opposite to that, Murjan is great because you have a Carrefour and Daily Gourmet downstairs. Rimal also nice now that all the construction is finished on the Plaza level. It's good because it isn't too far a walk to either end of JBR with all the shops and restaurants/hotels. I lived in the Marina for 6 years and only had guests twice, although it was always a consideration when choosing buildings...just one thing to point out! Botanica and Bay Central are also really nice buildings with what I feel is good management and maintenance services. This is important, nothing like living on a higher floor and nobody can be bothered to service the elevators in a timely manner.
Latest post on 12 May 2017 - 06:54
The buildings sound ok, you could also check out Silverene, it's really nice close to Marina Mall and the metro. West Avenue is also quite a nice tower.
Latest post on 10 May 2017 - 10:20
Hi I am moving to Dubai at the end of May. I have started looking at properties in both JBR and the marina. I am looking for a 2 bed where any guests can easily roam and find their own way around Dubai. I want the flat to have a balcony and be light and airy. I also don't want it to be too loud. I understand that may mean taking a higher floor. I am single with no children. I have shortlisted the following blocks and wondered what people's thoughts are? Also have I ignored any I should be considering? 1. Murjan 2. Rimal 3. Al Fattan Marine Towers 4. Park Island 5. Emaar Towers Thanks in advance

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY