From Breastmilk to Milk | ExpatWoman.com

From Breastmilk to Milk

Latest post on 30 May 2017 - 21:52
You may want to avoid cow's milk because it seems to trigger/cause more health problems than ever before (unsure if this is because of the quality of the milk, or the processes it goes through...). And well done for breastfeeding for so long! :cool:
Latest post on 28 May 2017 - 13:07
Try not to overthink it :) My pediatrician always said I could switch to cows milk at 1yr. Since they will begin getting the bulk of their calories from solid foods at that point, I think milk as a beverage is basically to provide a little extra calories plus calcium and other things. Personally I would give my kids to drink what is the most readily available so shopping trips are not too frequent or urgent. Good luck! You'll find what works best for your little one, they are all so different, there is not just one answer or right solution.
Latest post on 15 May 2017 - 12:50
Hi Off topic I know, but which breast pump did you use? I'm pumping for my baby and get a bit confused sometimes about pumps. I've been pumping for a year now too and did the same with my earlier child as well... working full time the most effective one I've used is the Medela Double Electric Pump in Style...
Latest post on 15 May 2017 - 09:06
Hi Off topic I know, but which breast pump did you use? I'm pumping for my baby and get a bit confused sometimes about pumps.
Latest post on 12 May 2017 - 04:58
Hi Clessani, First of all, well done for breast feeding your daughter and pumping for a year. It is not easy but you are giving her the absolute best start in life! I completely understand your thinking as i was in the same position with both of my children. Maybe you could just stop pumping at work and continue feeding her in the morning and evening? Breastfeeding gets easier and easier the older the child becomes, ie every session becomes shorter. I believe that goats milk is a superior alternative over soy/cows milk. Have a look at http://kellymom.com, it is an excellent website in regards to breastfeeding. I am positive you will find some good advice from there. Good luck and again, well done! x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY