Extra/Hidden Costs of Delivery in Dubai (City Hospital, Al Zahra) | ExpatWoman.com

Extra/Hidden Costs of Delivery in Dubai (City Hospital, Al Zahra)

Latest post on 13 May 2017 - 10:59

Hi Ladies,
In planning for the delivery of my 2nd baby (but this will be my first baby in Dubai) I originally intended to deliver at either Mediclinic City Hospital or Al Zahra Hospital. However after reading many of the posts on expatwoman (most are older posts), I've heard there are lots of extra/hidden costs above the "price of the delivery package". I know the things listed as exclusions (epidural, forceps, etc) are not included but can anyone who has recent info (2016-2017) comment on how much extra costs beyond the package price I should plan for? And even better what these costs are for?

Thing is I may or may not have insurance at delivery time (my current insurance which covers delivery up to 7000k will expire before my delivery). So I will either pay to renew my insurance and pay the costs above the 7000 delivery limit, or buy a delivery package at these hospitals.

Help please!!!!!!

Latest post on 11 August 2017 - 02:14
Hi Dear Recently I had my delivery in Saudi German hospital by Dr Lubna.i had normal Delivery after my first CS.Succesful VBAC. My limit of insurance was also very very less and limited but I paid from my pocket very less which was almost nothing. They are having very beautiful Delivery suite with good midwifery care I would highly recommend Dr Lubna She is an excellent doctor. Some of my other friends are also following with her and they all are extremely happy and satisfied that they got her on right time. She is best among all Obgyn in Saudi German hospital
Latest post on 03 June 2017 - 22:14
Hi Ladies, In planning for the delivery of my 2nd baby (but this will be my first baby in Dubai) I originally intended to deliver at either Mediclinic City Hospital or Al Zahra Hospital. However after reading many of the posts on expatwoman (most are older posts), I've heard there are lots of extra/hidden costs above the "price of the delivery package". I know the things listed as exclusions (epidural, forceps, etc) are not included but can anyone who has recent info (2016-2017) comment on how much extra costs beyond the package price I should plan for? And even better what these costs are for? Thing is I may or may not have insurance at delivery time (my current insurance which covers delivery up to 7000k will expire before my delivery). So I will either pay to renew my insurance and pay the costs above the 7000 delivery limit, or buy a delivery package at these hospitals. Help please!!!!!! my SIL just delivered a week ago at sulaiman al habibi hospital. their delivery pkg was about 13k or 14 k .. which didnt include a hearing test for the baby and some blood tests as well as the epidural. they have also upgraded the room. they ended up paying about 5k extra for all the extras. Your best bet would be to check with the hospital you would like to deliver in. They can gice you a full breakdown of all the possible/hidden costs that you might incurr. wishing u a safe and happy delivery ?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY