Things to do with children?!? | ExpatWoman.com

Things to do with children?!?

Latest post on 14 May 2017 - 20:35

We have just relocated to Dubai and I am looking for things to do with my two sons (1 and 2 and a half) I am planning on attending the mum and toddler coffee morning this week, but does anyone have any other suggestions that isn't soft play?

Thanks x

Latest post on 28 May 2017 - 13:01
SassymamaDubai tends to email weekly about weekend activities for families as well.
Latest post on 16 May 2017 - 01:20
Thank you so much for the suggestions, you've given me lots to work through! X
Latest post on 14 May 2017 - 21:32
Hi and welcome to Dubai! I love the Garden Centre on SZR and go there even in the summer. I put my two in clothes/shoes you dont mind getting wet and let them splash around in all the different water features that they have spread around the place. The cafe there is lovely and there are so many things/plants to see there. If you ask one of the workers for some fish food your boys can feed the pond fish. I also like taking my girls to the Golden Mile on the Palm. Super easy parking up yo the Galleria and there is a great play ground just outside Shakespeares restaurant which has water fountains that the kids can run around in. The Polo Club opposite Arabian Ranches is still also ok, weather wise, late in the afternoon or early morning. Lots of grass, a wooden playground and just nice being around horses. If the boys want to swim you can buy pool access for the day at a very reasonable price. The food is pretty good in the Epona restaurant also. Your 3 year old can do a pony ride for AED40 starting at 5 pm or between 8.30and 9.30. A lot of people like the butterfly park, its temperature controlled so you can go all year around. It is a lovely little place that i am sure that your kids will like. I just found it a bit hard to stomach that some people were chasing/hurting these amazing creatures, there were many dying butterflies on the ground and the staff didnt care... SplashPad in JBR is BRILLIANT for your boys age. It is a water playground for small children which is fully covered and very shallow. SP in the Entertainer so it is good value. If you get the day pass with the voucher it costs AED95 for 24 hours for both boys and they will validate your underground car park for 3 hours. There is also another water playground called Splash N Party, which is meant to be good, but i have not been there yet. The Lost Chambers in Atlantis is also in the Entertainer and a great aquarium for little kids and adults. We also like visiting Mirzam chocolate factory in Al Serkal Avenue and then walk over to Spill the Bean in the Nadi Al Quoz building. Amazing place for kids! A big area of NAQ is covered in stones and chairs and a bed hanging from the ceiling that the kids or you can chill in. The cafe area is bean bags and floor chairs so there is nothing that they can push over or break. There is also the Dubai Aquarium, i personally didnt like it, but a lot of people do. The public beaches are also good Have fun!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY