Kinokuniya and Safa Park Cafés both Closed, The Pavilion in Downtown closed, where else for quiet work/reading? | ExpatWoman.com

Kinokuniya and Safa Park Cafés both Closed, The Pavilion in Downtown closed, where else for quiet work/reading?

Latest post on 17 May 2017 - 11:00

I use to go to the cafe in Al Safa Park or the cafe in the old Kinokuniya bookstore, which were quiet any time of day. Both are no longer there. The Pavilion in downtown use to be a great place also, for reading or getting some work done. Any place you can recommend? Are there public libraries in Dubai? Or even a private library one can attend for a fee?

I find the average cafés loud and constantly being interrupted by staff who need to sell (rightly so)
Any suggestions?

Latest post on 05 June 2017 - 03:30
The cafe in Safa park has actually moved to the park across from City Walk 2.. I don't know what the park is called, but it has this old huge cup-like structure with the blue strips in it. I believe it used to be the old Dewa center? In any case if you are coming down the bridge from Dubai Mall it would be on your right at the 1st traffic light. But the park entrance is at the back.
Latest post on 22 May 2017 - 09:10
There's a Caribou Coffee in JBR/Marina that had a cute little sitting area upstairs with couches and a bookshelf. I went there years ago but it might still be there - very private and not busy at all.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY