Setting up a small business...advice needed!! | ExpatWoman.com

Setting up a small business...advice needed!!

Latest post on 18 May 2017 - 13:52

Hi all,
I am thinking of setting up a small business with a friend where we visit different locations and provide structured play for children who will be accompanied by their parents. Can any one offer any advice regarding legislation in the UAE. Basically I'm not sure if I need to set up a company or just become 'self employed'
All advice is gratefully received

Latest post on 30 May 2017 - 22:28
I agree with the comment above. You certainly need a license but I would advise you to directly contact the Free Trade Zone (100% ownership) as this way you save the fees of an agent. I have worked on both sides and now employed by the government and I can see that many agents are over charging for a service the government offers for free. Feel free to be in touch if you have any questions regarding the above. Make sure you get full information on the costs as they always like to surprise you with hidden charges in free zones. An independent advisor will know which free zones are better than others and will also probably know about the hidden costs ?
Latest post on 29 May 2017 - 12:51
I agree with the comment above. You certainly need a license but I would advise you to directly contact the Free Trade Zone (100% ownership) as this way you save the fees of an agent. I have worked on both sides and now employed by the government and I can see that many agents are over charging for a service the government offers for free. Feel free to be in touch if you have any questions regarding the above.
Latest post on 27 May 2017 - 14:19
its better to hire business support services so they can help with the documents and all
Latest post on 18 May 2017 - 15:19
You would require a trade licencse under which to operate a business. Its worth making contact with a company / accountant who can guide you with regards to your needs. ☺

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY