Food allowance for maid/ driver how much ?? | ExpatWoman.com

Food allowance for maid/ driver how much ??

Latest post on 18 May 2017 - 23:03

Hello,
How much food allowance is it normal to give maid and driver ??
My neighbor said 100aed per week but that seems low to me... I don't think you'd get much in Spinneys for that !!

Latest post on 19 May 2017 - 20:43
Thankyou everyone for the helpful advice...so much to learn having not long arrived here.
Latest post on 19 May 2017 - 16:21
Hi, this seems to be the norm aed100 per week. My maid said she can live off it as she buys bulk rice n chicken n cooks for a few days at a time. I personally do not follow that I buy whatever meats and she has her rice n noodles and vegetables she likes and she cooks and eats from that. The nanny eats with us and cooks as she wants she tells me if she wants anything special. ( I always buy Philipino treats when I am at the grocery just to make them happy). It all depends if they are live out or cooking in their own room. Live out probably shall be aed500 a month I would think. I also give her aed60 per month on metro and of course a good salary.
Latest post on 19 May 2017 - 12:08
We don't give "food allowance" she has free access to food at home and if she needs anything extra we just add it to our grocery list and buy it for her.
Latest post on 19 May 2017 - 11:31
For our maid, she buys what she wants / needs when we / she goes shopping. We see her as part of the family and she is also paid well so no need for anything like a 'food allowance'. With our driver, likewise, he is paid well and we don't have such a thing also.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY