Has anyone ended their rental tenancy early? | ExpatWoman.com

Has anyone ended their rental tenancy early?

Latest post on 22 May 2017 - 14:32
Currently living in Sas Al Nakheel Village - been here for 3 months and living in a 4 bed villa which is way too big for us and we may look to downsize to a 2 bed villa or apartment. Also since we have been here I have constantly had maintenance out for so many AC issues. So I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with cutting short a lease? I haven't spoken to Khidmah just yet as I wanted some real stories from real people. I think what I've gathered is that I would need to find the next tenant for the property but wondered about the refund of remaining rent, does the new tenant pay to us or Khidmah? Any experiences would be really good please. Thank you :) When i moved into my current place, the previous tenant had only been there for 6 months ( He had to return to the UK) I took over the rent as he had given the LL 4 cheques and had only paid two so far. They didn't bank his remaining cheques and ripped them up. They gave me a new 12 month contract If he hadn't of been able to find someone then he would of had to pay 2 months penalty for breaking the contract. I think 2 months penalty is written in most contracts so it may be worth looking at yours
Latest post on 22 May 2017 - 10:29
Currently living in Sas Al Nakheel Village - been here for 3 months and living in a 4 bed villa which is way too big for us and we may look to downsize to a 2 bed villa or apartment. Also since we have been here I have constantly had maintenance out for so many AC issues. So I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with cutting short a lease? I haven't spoken to Khidmah just yet as I wanted some real stories from real people. I think what I've gathered is that I would need to find the next tenant for the property but wondered about the refund of remaining rent, does the new tenant pay to us or Khidmah? Any experiences would be really good please. Thank you :)