Investor advice needed | ExpatWoman.com

Investor advice needed

Latest post on 13 June 2017 - 11:50
Hi, It is better your friend can get a business loan from the bank. In banks, they provide loan for less interest compared to some private lender. And it is not a better option to start a business with some unknown.
Latest post on 10 June 2017 - 10:36
there are many local startup businesses competitions, maybe she can apply to as many and hopes she wins some cash to start her business.
Latest post on 22 May 2017 - 19:47
Hi annorman,thanks a lot for ur valuable advice...much appreciated ...:)
Latest post on 22 May 2017 - 18:50
Hi Pinky13 - it really depends on a number of things. The key question is around how much she is looking to borrow, and what the proceeds will be used for. Talking from experience, I would always and request bank funding in first instance - i) you keep full control of your business (and retain all the upside) and ii) it is usually the cheapest form of finance. If she really is looking for an investor to take an equity stake in her business, there are a growing number of Angel Investment communities ('womena' is well established in the UAE) who look at investing in a wide range of businesses, typically niche in nature where bank funding is not readily available. However, they will be expecting a reasonable chunk of the business (dragon's den style) and will most probably want influence in how the business operates. I know you mentioned that she can't get the required support through her friends network which is understandable..........but I would recommend she looks to her wider network (and her friends network). Much better getting a lukewarm investor than one who is a total unknown. Good luck!
Latest post on 22 May 2017 - 17:37
Hello everyone, one of my good friends wants to start a business, she has th best ppl to work with etc but needs a mid level investor...she doesn't hv many friends who can help...any advice about how to look for potential investors,is welcome...thanks in advance...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY