Delicate times | ExpatWoman.com

Delicate times

Latest post on 23 May 2017 - 18:08
Dear ladies, thank you for your kind answers. At least I do not feel alone any more. You are all saying right. We have taken some decisions and actions already. For my side I am convinced, esp. after coming from european background, that nothing here is worth spending savings or getting a loan for living expenses. So help me God!
Latest post on 23 May 2017 - 13:18
It's time for you ladies to make yourselves aware of UAE labour laws. Delaying payment and non-payment of salaries is a violation of labour laws. If salaries are more than 10 days late, you can make an official complaint and the company will be blocked from making transactions. http://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/new-uae-decree-employee-wages-paid-within-10-days-of-due-date I am aware of this and still give the same advice. The only security one should assume could protect them is an obese savings. Anyrhing else is a hope. I would be happy to say that is a guarantee but I, like beebers, have heard nore stories of employers absconding than I have of them righting their wrongs. Step one would be your husband approaching the employer and ssying that the salary must be paid on time. If the employer starts to babble then tell them the law. If it is not rectified immediately then make the complaint. ... but i would still be looking for a new employer.
Latest post on 23 May 2017 - 12:51
It's time for you ladies to make yourselves aware of UAE labour laws. Delaying payment and non-payment of salaries is a violation of labour laws. If salaries are more than 10 days late, you can make an official complaint and the company will be blocked from making transactions. http://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/new-uae-decree-employee-wages-paid-within-10-days-of-due-date
Latest post on 23 May 2017 - 11:20
As beebers suggested, it is time for your DH to look for a new job - anywheds in the world. I have still not been paid by 2 companies I worked for over the past however many years and both companies closed so recovery was never going to be possible. In my experience, companies don't hit speed bumps and fix up, they hit walls and avalanch to the ground. Secure yourself before you end up in more debt. And make a complaint to MOL that yo7 havent been paid so it has been documented.
Latest post on 23 May 2017 - 06:32
This happens more often than not here. Know plenty of people who have been through this, including myself. Because there is no bankruptcy protection here it is also not unheard of for owners to abscond and labor law cannot protect anyone at that point. Have seen many lives ruined over this. I would suggest your husband immediately start looking for another job. Especially with no communication from management. As for what you can do in the meantime perhaps some other ladies can suggest. In my own case, after 2 months late pay, then 2 months no pay, I got a different job, didn't stick around. The owner ended up settling my balance 7 months later thank goodness.
Latest post on 22 May 2017 - 18:04
Dear expat ladies, delicate question I have in delicate situation. In my husband's company,the business is going rough at the moment, apparently. Few months ago, salaries were late few days (only), But then month after month, salaries are later and later. Also in first months management would speak to people and obviously explain obvious situation. But now after months, management is not giving any explanation whatsoever. Days are passing, salary not coming and NOBODY asking and NOBODY saying anything. Now, as his salary is source of our survival in Dubai, reasonably I am terrified. Now what we can do if they can not pay us anymore?? If they have too many debts, or no more money or who knows what...can company just send us on the street? That is my main worry. How effective is labour law in this country? I hope that my question is not too delicate Thank you

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY