New Expatwoman - Admin | ExpatWoman.com

New Expatwoman - Admin

Latest post on 29 July 2017 - 20:27
Hi Admin, Happy summer! After all the feedback, I'm wondering how the design improvements that were mentioned are coming along? The font and layout still remain too non-user friendly for me :( I miss my daily reads ..... NL
Latest post on 15 June 2017 - 18:36
@ sour EW really don't care what it's users think of their so-called "improvements" to this site. It's all about them, not the site's users. They said that they were taking note of the many complaints ... have they? No. I'm sure that they couldn't give a toss anyway but this is my last post and I won't be bothering even to look at the site again.
Latest post on 15 June 2017 - 09:31
Admin, PLEASE fix the font asap, I can't read more than 3 posts without wanting to close the site! I used to check EW every morning but now I've stopped because the design is so distracting :(
Latest post on 03 June 2017 - 00:08
Oh Dear I'm afraid I have to agree with the others , it really is not user friendly , to me it looks more old fashioned layout ... huge text , only able to see limited amount on the page and & lots of scrolling ... very hard to find things ... where's the classifieds disappeared to... etc ... ? I know that we are all a bit uncomfortable with change when sites like Facebook change wveryone moans but then stop and forget once used to the new layout... but I really don't think we will like this layout even when used to it, it's just very hard work to navigate and not user friendly at the moment - PLEASE change back !
Latest post on 03 June 2017 - 00:07
Oh Dear I'm afraid I have to agree with the others , it really is not user friendly , to me it looks more old fashioned layout ... huge text , only able to see limited amount on the page and & lots of scrolling ... very hard to find things ... where's the classifieds disappeared to... etc ... ? I know that we are all a bit uncomfortable with change when sites like Facebook change wveryone moans but then stop and forget once used to the new layout... but I really don't think we will like this layout even when used to it, it's just very hard work to navigate and not user friendly at the moment - PLEASE change back !
Latest post on 02 June 2017 - 13:02
Glad to see that EW are listening to forum users if there are issues. The gif made me laugh:lol:
Latest post on 02 June 2017 - 07:27
I.......HATE......it! It's all way too big and you can only see two or three thread titles and constantly have to scroll down. Glad to see that the comments have been taken onboard and that it'll be changed. It's so user unfriendly. It might work on on a mobile, but on a desktop it's horrid - this is why sites generally have a 'mobile option'.
Latest post on 01 June 2017 - 12:41
Hi everyone! We really do appreciate your feedback, and our team are working to implement a couple of changes that you should begin to experience in the next week... Smaller font, alignment of the posts and things. The last thing we want is to prevent you from visiting, so any constructive feedback you have we are listening. [url=https://media.giphy.com/media/bEVKYB487Lqxy/giphy.gif'>Please bear with us![/url'>
Latest post on 31 May 2017 - 19:27
Really though???? This is what we are complaining about now...SMH
Latest post on 29 May 2017 - 10:08
I'm a graphic designer and I've quickly edited your website CSS to show you what I mean about small font size, your choice of font and alignment: [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/spsjz61pvtuwv8e/Screen%20Shot%202017-05-29%20at%2010.29.18%20AM.png?dl=0'>https://www.dropbox.com/s/spsjz61pvtuwv8e/Screen%20Shot%202017-05-29%20at%2010.29.18%20AM.png?dl=0[/url'> I really thought EW needed a design revamp so well done! However, please consider: [b'>- LARGE FONT SIZE: [/b'>Is very unfriendly. [b'>- FONT: [/b'>for reading long text is not ideal, you're better off using the industry standard fonts like Lato or Open Sans for body copy [b'>- Text alignment[/b'> should be left, and user info on the left - it just reads easier [b'>- BOXES[/b'> need to be smaller Please look at other forum designs and you'll instantly see what good forum aesthetics are: https://colorlib.com/wp/wordpress-bbpress-forum-themes/ I cant even explore your site the big font size is so difficult to navigate. Please fix asap!
Latest post on 29 May 2017 - 09:38
This horrible update has actually made me remove EW from my favourites list and I shall soon be ending my account. I've seen a couple of updates over the years, and in general you get used to them rather quickly. This last one however beats them all in user unfriendliness and add pushing. Too much for me. Bye bye Expat Woman.
Latest post on 27 May 2017 - 17:24
I'm afraid to say but this new site update is AWFUL!!! Just a few observations after a minute on the site: Each thread title is in it's own huge box which looks awful and you have to scroll and scroll, There is an advert in the middle after about 6 threads which is just annoying, Trying to sign in is a nightmare, couldn't click on my autofill options as the box just disappeared and I kept having to click on the "sign in" box again, You can't see who is online anymore (as far as I can see). :cry: Agree, the old site was much better. Suppose they need you to spend more time on the site, forever scrolling so that the site visitor stats look good to get more revenue from selling commercial adverts ? Just my 2 dirhams ??
Latest post on 27 May 2017 - 11:07
Agree - rarely do I see websites being re-vamped and the new product is actually less user-friendly and more cumbersome than the previous version. Expatwoman - I think you need to find a new web-designer as these latest updates are not the best. Please take heed as this is actually reducing traffic to the forums as opposed to making things easier / simpler. Apps like mysmallcommunity, FB sites e.g. britishmumsdubai etc are exploding and becoming far easier to navigate on the move......I can barely view the new EW site on a desktop given the size of the text!
Latest post on 26 May 2017 - 22:50
I completely agree with the posts above - the text is massive! It has actually made me stop visiting the site as often as I used to. Not liking the new changes at all. I've been using EW for 7 years now but this site update is really a turn off :(
Latest post on 25 May 2017 - 07:52
I dont understand why when you get used to a website it gets changed. Its totally inconvenient and thoroughly annoying and on top of that this change is awful as other ladies pointed out.
Latest post on 24 May 2017 - 19:03
Just another way to increase advertising revenue ?
Latest post on 24 May 2017 - 14:06
All looks great to me and I'm on an iPhone... Well done EW
Latest post on 24 May 2017 - 13:46
It is a bit ... Large!
Latest post on 24 May 2017 - 12:42
Hi everyone - thanks for your helpful feedback, as you will understand, our team are working very hard to make sure our new look website is working correctly for all.
Latest post on 24 May 2017 - 11:44
Totally agree! It's the largest text I have seen on any website in the history of the internet!
Latest post on 24 May 2017 - 10:50
I'm afraid to say but this new site update is AWFUL!!! Just a few observations after a minute on the site: Each thread title is in it's own huge box which looks awful and you have to scroll and scroll, There is an advert in the middle after about 6 threads which is just annoying, Trying to sign in is a nightmare, couldn't click on my autofill options as the box just disappeared and I kept having to click on the "sign in" box again, You can't see who is online anymore (as far as I can see). :cry:
Latest post on 24 May 2017 - 10:10
Good morning and congratulations on your update. I don't know about the other ladies, but your text is enormous on my computers and is really uncomfortable to navigate. Hope you will decrease the size soon.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY