Afraid of mono!! | ExpatWoman.com

Afraid of mono!!

Latest post on 03 June 2017 - 19:30

Hello mommies ?

am a newbie on this forum but have benefited from so many threads and replies from you lovely ladies.

I am currently in a high paranoia state all due to the fact that i know there is 90% chance that my 30 month old DS is about to get mono (from the Epstein-barr virus). I know this because he was playing with his friend and eating from the same tub of cornflakes/raisins 2 days before his friend got the full blown infection that lasted for 2 weeks ? poor kid.. and now am dreading the day it will show up in my DS ?...

On the one hand i think its good that i know the mommy of the kid whuch is how i knew he got sick and she informed me that he tested postive for mono (which was a shock to the both of us)! On the other hand i wish i didnt know because waiting is so hard and i keep imagining the worst and getting md into a really bad place with all this anxiety!

Added to the usual virus symptoms DS has reflux which means managing his fever will be very tricky ??..tummy aches .. fever.. sore throat.. tinsiks swelling up ohhhh..

DS is supposed to start showing symptoms between the 15th june till the 5th of july ? (he ate with his friend on the 15th of may.. so 30 to 50 days)

As much as i dont wish this on anyone's kids .. did your son/daughter get mono at this age? what am i to expect.. ?your replies might help alleviate some of my never ending anxiety..

Best
Meemo

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY