My wedding planner experience..... ADVICE FOR ANY BRIDE Part 2 | ExpatWoman.com

My wedding planner experience..... ADVICE FOR ANY BRIDE Part 2

Latest post on 19 June 2017 - 13:45

9. Bridal flower bouquet - i am not too picky with flowers but i did ask for one monotone flower and color (e.g. bouquet of pink roses). Up until the day before the wedding, Louay did not tell me anything about the flowers. I spoke to him firmly demanding a reply, in this case he did and said they are white flowers. I let go of it as again I am not too picky with it but the color should have been based on the theme. However, i did request for the stems to be covered with the ribbon and not to show what so ever.
Obviously that was not done. When the bouquet came to me while getting ready i was outraged, like how could you even get this wrong. I tried to fix it myself but was so busy so I asked my bridesmaid to talk to my husband to find this LOUAY and make him fix it. Louay answered my husband and said that he will but he obviously just disappeared again. My bouquet was not fixed and while walking down the aisle with my dad, the ribbon was falling apart while the stems kept getting stuck to my dress making the beads fall out.

10. We asked for a table with two chairs for bride and groom as opposed to a couch (koshe) which is traditional. That was provide however for some reason with no stage and our table was on the carpet in-front of the dance floor, even lower than all the guests. No backdrop made the whole thing look cheap and plain.

11. there was supposed to be a tree on which names of guests would be hanging as leaves to let them know the table arrangements. On the day it self, 2 tiny plastic trees arrived and when my husband saw it he asked for it to be removed as it is not what we were told or expected at all and is too small. these two poor trees were put behind my husband and I table as the "backdrop", It did help as the no backdrop idea was pathetic.

12. Previously, we discussed for a side design at the entrance to have empty picture frames and mason jars, candles and flowers. Mason jars are replacement for the wishes book as we wanted something different. Hence our save the dates prior were designed with mason jars. NONE OF THIS WAS DONE. When i spoke to Louay and asked for the mason jar he said that it was there on one of the tables with the hostesses and no one wanted to write any wishes. This is crazy, my friends and family where never informed of the mason jar, probably it wasn't even there. Louay then came told me that even one of my friends wearing a pink dress was passing by and he personally asked her to write and she said later. Mind you, I had no friend dressed in a purple dress nor did my husbands side. When i told Louay that, he just answered: " What are you calling me a liar?" He also told me that he showed my husband the jars and the letters to write on, my husband at this point held his anger from unleashing at the audacity of the lie being said.

13. Fast forward after the wedding nightmares, our pictures arrive with a 15 min video of the wedding collaged. Putting aside that the music choice for the video was really bad, the lyrics to me getting ready and adam in the video was the song "TOXIC- Britney spears" and so on, again we let it go because it is evident these people are not up to date with music, do not listen to the clients preferences or simply dont care or just dont know english well to understand what they did. We received 800 pictures although we paid for 1500, thats about half not existing there.

14. We did not receive the full video and were asked to purchase a hard drive and pass by them and get the video. I cant believe they had the audacity to do that. What reputable company, asks you to purchase a hard drive and come give it to them then come pick it u?. With all the money stolen from us, the inconvenience, anger, stress, rage and simply disappointment caused upon us the least that could have been done is give us the video and we would never want to see or hear anything from you ever again. Up until today and my wedding was on april 27th.

15. Throwing bridal bouquet never happened, no song was played and the whole idea was ignored.

These are just the many things I could remember and recall happen to me. Overall, my wedding planners motto was "We make your dreams come true" or something along those lines , but i think he was making his dreams come true.
All we were thankful for was that the tables for the guests and their decor was what we asked for and looked really nice. My husband too the extra mile and made sure himself that this was ask asked and that as an addition the stairs which i came down from with my dad had flowers on them. Otherwise, whatever else was just a dis-convenience.

I will not state the actual name of the events company as to not be bashed for so called "bad mouthing" them but did mention the name of the planner. Happy to do so in private.
However, the reason I wrote this post is to make sure no one goes through such stress. Being a bride is beautiful and any bride would be nervous as is, but while choosing a wedding planner, please make sure you know their background. It is really not about the amount you pay them rather than would they really do their job. We didn't pay little money but got a nerve wrack in return.
Do back checks on the wedding planners you go ahead with, try to speak with someone who have used them, if you feel they dont have the same vision as you do not go for them as it will really ruin the day which memory would stick for the rest of your life.

Latest post on 21 June 2017 - 10:19
shucks what a disaster... but being a wedding planner myself and having had to clean up the mess after a couple of similar planners, I can totally relate to how many 'unprofessional planners' there are around town. thankfully the wedding is behind you and now try and focus on the positives and better still focus your energy on planning a destination wedding anniversary for you and your closest friends ensuring that this time it's you calling all the shots!
Latest post on 19 June 2017 - 17:55
I'm really sorry that all this happened to you, a wedding day should never be so disastrous! I'm just wondering why you kept on trusting this wedding planner with all the red flags? If someone is ignoring my calls, coming up with lousy excuses, giving bad recommendations, etc.. I would've let them go right then and there and found someone else. Was it because you couldn't get a refund? I know the point of having a wedding planner is not to stress and just let them take care of everything, but with someone so sketchy, why not at least check that they're doing things correctly? I hope this doesn't come off as putting any blame on you, I'm just trying to understand how it got so far :( Agree with you expatkenz.
Latest post on 19 June 2017 - 15:03
I'm really sorry that all this happened to you, a wedding day should never be so disastrous! I'm just wondering why you kept on trusting this wedding planner with all the red flags? If someone is ignoring my calls, coming up with lousy excuses, giving bad recommendations, etc.. I would've let them go right then and there and found someone else. Was it because you couldn't get a refund? I know the point of having a wedding planner is not to stress and just let them take care of everything, but with someone so sketchy, why not at least check that they're doing things correctly? I hope this doesn't come off as putting any blame on you, I'm just trying to understand how it got so far :(

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY