divorce as expat/christian/uk/uae | ExpatWoman.com

divorce as expat/christian/uk/uae

Latest post on 03 July 2017 - 10:40
hello and good afternoon i would like to ask a question please as I'm looking for advice, no one seems to know when you ring lawyers, I'm getting a little frustrated and seem to be going around in circle does anyone have first hand experience of this scenario as a british christian is it better to divorce in my home country UK or uae? (we are both british and christian) if in uae are the assets split, do you get spousal maintenance? or is it better to do the divorce in the uk. will the courts in uk be able to enforce financial orders from the uk to the uae, basically can they force him to pay me in the uk? I've lived in the uk since 2016, he still lives in uae runs own business. married 43 years and no dependant children. we lived together in uae for 15 years. do you also know if they tell him that he is going to be served with a divorce petition before they actually serve him - hopefully he will be served in the uk when he's here soon on business. many thanks for any help. its much appreciated in advance x I have a family member that has just been through the same thing.. British Christian getting divorced. Her and her now ex-husband opted to divorce via the Dubai Courts, which was an easy enough process after they had a legal agreement drawn up by a lawyer here. The UAE is very family orientated, and gives tremendous support for women here - so you may find the divorce agreement favours you tremendously more than what it might do in the UK. However, they have children, and so the agreement states a legally binding monthly payment be paid to her in the UK (she's moving back) - she also receives a sum for her, however this doesn't continue if she is in a relationship with someone longer than 6 months. You will get a cut of that business of his however, so make sure you don't lose out in that instance. If you can both come to a civilised agreement to visit a lawyer in the UAE, you may be surprised that it's a lot easier -- my family member was divorced within 3 weeks. thank you for your responses, he won't be fair, civilised or nice about any of it. and now I'm in the uk, lawyers there in uae want a minimum of 5000 aed to even answer 1 question i emailed them. its certainly difficult to know what to do. thanks again
Latest post on 28 June 2017 - 17:20
hello and good afternoon i would like to ask a question please as I'm looking for advice, no one seems to know when you ring lawyers, I'm getting a little frustrated and seem to be going around in circle does anyone have first hand experience of this scenario as a british christian is it better to divorce in my home country UK or uae? (we are both british and christian) if in uae are the assets split, do you get spousal maintenance? or is it better to do the divorce in the uk. will the courts in uk be able to enforce financial orders from the uk to the uae, basically can they force him to pay me in the uk? I've lived in the uk since 2016, he still lives in uae runs own business. married 43 years and no dependant children. we lived together in uae for 15 years. do you also know if they tell him that he is going to be served with a divorce petition before they actually serve him - hopefully he will be served in the uk when he's here soon on business. many thanks for any help. its much appreciated in advance x I have a family member that has just been through the same thing.. British Christian getting divorced. Her and her now ex-husband opted to divorce via the Dubai Courts, which was an easy enough process after they had a legal agreement drawn up by a lawyer here. The UAE is very family orientated, and gives tremendous support for women here - so you may find the divorce agreement favours you tremendously more than what it might do in the UK. However, they have children, and so the agreement states a legally binding monthly payment be paid to her in the UK (she's moving back) - she also receives a sum for her, however this doesn't continue if she is in a relationship with someone longer than 6 months. You will get a cut of that business of his however, so make sure you don't lose out in that instance. If you can both come to a civilised agreement to visit a lawyer in the UAE, you may be surprised that it's a lot easier -- my family member was divorced within 3 weeks.
Latest post on 27 June 2017 - 11:10
thank you for y our response.
Latest post on 19 June 2017 - 19:49
hello and good afternoon i would like to ask a question please as I'm looking for advice, no one seems to know when you ring lawyers, I'm getting a little frustrated and seem to be going around in circle does anyone have first hand experience of this scenario as a british christian is it better to divorce in my home country UK or uae? (we are both british and christian) if in uae are the assets split, do you get spousal maintenance? or is it better to do the divorce in the uk. will the courts in uk be able to enforce financial orders from the uk to the uae, basically can they force him to pay me in the uk? I've lived in the uk since 2016, he still lives in uae runs own business. married 43 years and no dependant children. we lived together in uae for 15 years. do you also know if they tell him that he is going to be served with a divorce petition before they actually serve him - hopefully he will be served in the uk when he's here soon on business. many thanks for any help. its much appreciated in advance x You will have to divorce via the Uk. I got divorced whilst I lived here and my ex lived in the Uk. Go and get advice from a divorce lawyer. You have to list joint asserts on the forms however I have never heard of spousal maintenance and I don't think it exists here for British nationals. Once divorce papers are served they have to be signed and sent back very quickly. I had to courier mine within 24 hours. I do not think the UK courts can force financial settlements on your Husband if he refuses to comply. I say this as a friend went through a similar thing, she never got a penny and has children
Latest post on 19 June 2017 - 18:45
hello and good afternoon i would like to ask a question please as I'm looking for advice, no one seems to know when you ring lawyers, I'm getting a little frustrated and seem to be going around in circle does anyone have first hand experience of this scenario as a british christian is it better to divorce in my home country UK or uae? (we are both british and christian) if in uae are the assets split, do you get spousal maintenance? or is it better to do the divorce in the uk. will the courts in uk be able to enforce financial orders from the uk to the uae, basically can they force him to pay me in the uk? I've lived in the uk since 2016, he still lives in uae runs own business. married 43 years and no dependant children. we lived together in uae for 15 years. do you also know if they tell him that he is going to be served with a divorce petition before they actually serve him - hopefully he will be served in the uk when he's here soon on business. many thanks for any help. its much appreciated in advance x it shows one reply but why cant i see it, thank you.
Latest post on 19 June 2017 - 18:28
hello and good afternoon i would like to ask a question please as I'm looking for advice, no one seems to know when you ring lawyers, I'm getting a little frustrated and seem to be going around in circle does anyone have first hand experience of this scenario as a british christian is it better to divorce in my home country UK or uae? (we are both british and christian) if in uae are the assets split, do you get spousal maintenance? or is it better to do the divorce in the uk. will the courts in uk be able to enforce financial orders from the uk to the uae, basically can they force him to pay me in the uk? I've lived in the uk since 2016, he still lives in uae runs own business. married 43 years and no dependant children. we lived together in uae for 15 years. do you also know if they tell him that he is going to be served with a divorce petition before they actually serve him - hopefully he will be served in the uk when he's here soon on business. many thanks for any help. its much appreciated in advance x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY