So Angry.... | ExpatWoman.com

So Angry....

Latest post on 26 June 2017 - 15:50

I have a friends daughter and her husband staying with us at the moment. A couple weeks ago I noticed in a picture that her husband had got a top on belonging to my hubby. When I checked our wardrobe I found there were a couple of things missing. I found these in friends husband wardrobe. I had a blazing row on Saturday, he hasn't even apologised and I havent seen him since as he is hiding in the bedroom.

Now its put me in an awkward situation as I really dont want this to damage my friendship with my friends who are based in the UK.

Latest post on 07 July 2017 - 19:38
The best way is to talk to him directly and discuss with him calmly he will be embarrassed for a while but it will fade away after a while.
Latest post on 29 June 2017 - 07:00
Why are you waiting to deal with this? He could end up taking something of real value, and he's rooting through your things? What an invasion of privacy! Speak to your friend, tell her what's happened. Tell the daughter she can stay, but her husband has to go. This is NOT acceptable behaviour. He's stealing, he's been caught. This guy is taking you for a ride. Chuck him out.
Latest post on 28 June 2017 - 23:25
My husband never gave him permission to help himself. Actually there has been afew incidents since they have been here, i know hes been having a nose into our personal drawers and took things before. I just didnt want the upset, but this time I had lost my patience as I really think her husband thinks we are stupid. I had never met him before they arrived, as soon as I met him I knew within an hour he was dodgy. I really want to tell my friend what has happened as I feel Ive been extremely let down and I consider what he has done as stealing. He has not spoke to me since Saturday, he moves about the apartment and completely ignores me. The atmosphere is absolutely awful. It's your house. They're guests. If they don't show you respect then out the door they go. I get that you are doing this for a friend but there are limits. Has the daughter not realized how he's been acting? If he is being childish and ignoring you then I would go talk to the daughter and explain that she is always welcome at your house but if her husband keeps this up then he is no longer welcome. Alternatively, call up your friend and talk to her about what's happening and let her deal with them. If you say there's already been a few incidents, why wait until he might take something valuable or sentimental? Staying quiet won't help anyone.
Latest post on 28 June 2017 - 22:43
My husband never gave him permission to help himself. Actually there has been afew incidents since they have been here, i know hes been having a nose into our personal drawers and took things before. I just didnt want the upset, but this time I had lost my patience as I really think her husband thinks we are stupid. I had never met him before they arrived, as soon as I met him I knew within an hour he was dodgy. I really want to tell my friend what has happened as I feel Ive been extremely let down and I consider what he has done as stealing. He has not spoke to me since Saturday, he moves about the apartment and completely ignores me. The atmosphere is absolutely awful.
Latest post on 26 June 2017 - 16:25
Did the guy explain why he had your husbands clothes on when you confronted him on Saturday? How did you raise it with him? I ask because it seems quite an odd thing to do if he's the husband of a friend's daughter, a bit too familiar!! But, if he just went into your bedroom and started rooting through the wardrobe without asking then that's stealing and I would be checking the rest of the house for other missing items before they leave. On the other hand, have you checked with your husband he didn't have some kind of bloke-y type conversation where he said something along the lines "Oh, it's okay mate, help yourself" or something else that could possibly have been misconstrued as permission? He may be hiding in the bedroom out of feelings of guilt because he either knows he was wrong or he realises that he misunderstood something along the way. On the other hand he may be mad at you for either having a blazing row with him when he doesn't think it's a big deal borrowing clothes or that he feels he got some kind of permission and feels hard done to. I think a calm conversation where you find out why he did it and why he thought it was okay to rummage through your husbands wardrobe might be in order....

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY