Australians living in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Australians living in Dubai

Latest post on 27 June 2017 - 09:28

Hi there,

We are moving to Dubai at the end of the year and would like to know where the Australian expats live? We are looking near the Australian International School but would like to know more areas.

Thanks!

Latest post on 09 July 2017 - 06:09
Agree with the last post - nationalities all mix in here and most areas are a really good mix of people. It's a fantastic opportunity to learn lots about other cultures and nationalities and develop friendships with folk who come from all over the world. As you have children my suggestion is that you focus on the school and live in a travelling distance you are comfortable with. This will be a personal decision as some are very happy to travel longer than others. I do know that many Australians decide to go for an International, UK or US curriculum whilst they are in the UAE. So it may be worth considering that. Good luck!
Latest post on 07 July 2017 - 19:36
I don't know on what basis the above reply said that "most kids" whom happened to be "arabs" in Sharjah are "unruly" !!! My kids are Arabs and are nice and polite! Anyways, I am an Arab and I live in Midriff and I've met some Australians here. I don't know if there's a community for Australians around midriff but it is a very good area for families and there are many western and Arab expats here. One of the most amazing things that happened when I moved to Dubai 2 years ago that it was a great opportunity to deal with different people at first hand. You see Dubai is home for more than 200 nationalities and I think if people live here for years and go back home with the same misconceptions and generalizations then they missed a great opportunity! Good luck for you and your kids :)
Latest post on 28 June 2017 - 22:21
1st AIS is in Sharjah not Dubai. You don't want your children to go there as mostly Arabs and very unruly kids. Not a nice area to live! Go on FB and join Aussie and Kiwi Mums. It can be difficult to get your child into a school. You need to live close to your school as driving is a nightmare, especially in Sharjah. Transport on the school buses is also expensive and not covered by companies who pay school fees. Where is your husband going to work? Most Aussies live Motor City/ Sports city end if looking on maps

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY