Maid Visa Cancellation Issue | ExpatWoman.com

Maid Visa Cancellation Issue

Latest post on 26 July 2017 - 14:47

Our maid of many years has left our employment. We had confirmed to her that we were happy to buy her a ticket home or do a visa transfer if she wanted to stay in the UAE and find employment . We were not comfortable with her request for a visa run. She told us she found a new role and would like to transfer the visa, so we went ahead with the cancelation. Without us knowing she went on a visa run after all and is now back in the UAE on a visit visa. I was wondering what the potential risks are for us now as her previous employer, if any? For example if she were to end up in some kind of trouble? I am conscious that we are her last employer in the UAE and we did not provide her with a ticket home at the end of employment. Please let me know your thoughts. TIA.

Latest post on 26 July 2017 - 21:33
Our maid of many years has left our employment. We had confirmed to her that we were happy to buy her a ticket home or do a visa transfer if she wanted to stay in the UAE and find employment . We were not comfortable with her request for a visa run. She told us she found a new role and would like to transfer the visa, so we went ahead with the cancelation. Without us knowing she went on a visa run after all and is now back in the UAE on a visit visa. I was wondering what the potential risks are for us now as her previous employer, if any? For example if she were to end up in some kind of trouble? I am conscious that we are her last employer in the UAE and we did not provide her with a ticket home at the end of employment. Please let me know your thoughts. TIA. There is no risk to you at all as she has returned on a visit visa after you had cancelled her visa.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY