Tourist visa - so confused - help a girl out! | ExpatWoman.com

Tourist visa - so confused - help a girl out!

Latest post on 10 August 2017 - 15:00

Hello lovely ladies,

I need some advice please - I've had a look online but (as ever) the information is conflicting and/or out of date. So!

I first arrived in Dubai on 16th April, from the UK, and was issue a standard 30 day visa (with the 10 day grace period). In June and July, I did "visa runs" to Oman - all fine, no problem.

I have been offered a job, but the company is experiencing issues with their visa quota (nothing too shady and the company is well-established/global so I'm not overly concerned).

My tourist visa will expire at the end of August and I don't believe I can do another Oman visa run. My questions are: What do I do?!
Am I required to leave Dubai - if so, for how long?
Do I have to return to the UK and then fly back?
Can I simply do another visa run to Oman?

I really don't want to fall foul of the government!!!! I've asked the PRO coordinator at my prospective employer and the response was "hopefully it will be sorted dear" which isn't hugely reassuring.

Thanks in advance :)

Latest post on 13 August 2017 - 23:45
Hi there as far as visa run is concerned you can do as many as you want. But ya as said by Sarah dont take chances on working without visa it is illegal and consequences are very high.
Latest post on 13 August 2017 - 12:21
Not shady or shady You shouldn't be working for a firm with no visa as it is illegal, you have no medical insurance and if they decided to terminate your employment and not pay you, you do not have a leg to stand on. You only have their word for it that they are having visa issues. Any decent firm wouldn't have these problems Depending upon what passport you have you can do unlimited visa runs If you are British or one of the visa on arrival countries then you can just keep doing them as there is no restriction. personally speaking i wouldn't touch any firm that hadn't got approval or my visa within a month

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY