Food allowance for full time live in maid | ExpatWoman.com

Food allowance for full time live in maid

Latest post on 23 August 2017 - 19:07

Dear All

I am hoping you can help !

I have hired a maid and suggested that her package would include food . However we have two children and it's getting a little tricky as she's dipping into some of the kids staples which is racking up our grocery bill!

Therefore I am going to talk to her about implementing a food allowance for her so she can purchase what she needs and then she can be independent and it releases us from the pressure of having to factor in her needs into our grocery shopping.

Pls can you advise me of a reasonable weekly/ monthly allowance for her food . I will stay buy her toiletries as I originally agreed with her .

Thanks for your help all!

Latest post on 11 September 2017 - 11:58
AED 300-400 should be an average that you could consider.
Latest post on 05 September 2017 - 11:22
IMHO unless if the kids food caters to specific dietary requirement( allergies, deficiencies) I feel its harsh to ration. With my live in maid I ask her what she fancies and stock up , even if it means its somethings my kids like etc...just that there should be enough for kids and her at all times. She is here with us for 11 years now and more part of our family....so her needs are part of my grocery list.
Latest post on 25 August 2017 - 10:52
Dear All I am hoping you can help ! I have hired a maid and suggested that her package would include food . However we have two children and it's getting a little tricky as she's dipping into some of the kids staples which is racking up our grocery bill! Therefore I am going to talk to her about implementing a food allowance for her so she can purchase what she needs and then she can be independent and it releases us from the pressure of having to factor in her needs into our grocery shopping. Pls can you advise me of a reasonable weekly/ monthly allowance for her food . I will stay buy her toiletries as I originally agreed with her . Thanks for your help all! Hi! With our last housekeeper, she asked to get a food allowance instead of us buying food for her. So we have her 400 dhs a month. This was her way of "saving up" because she chose to buy mainly pot noodles and lots of vegetables. Whatever money was left, she used for taxi fares, (many) phone cards and bits and bobs for herself. Our current housekeeper has asked that we buy food for her. Whenever I go grocery shopping, I ask her for a shopping list and buy whatever she needs. I figure it's around the same 400 dhs mark as with the previous one. What makes it easier for us is the fact that she has her own small fridge and own cupboard in our kitchen. She uses our condiments and olive oil, but for the rest, she has her own. Hth.
Latest post on 24 August 2017 - 20:33
Dear All I am hoping you can help ! I have hired a maid and suggested that her package would include food . However we have two children and it's getting a little tricky as she's dipping into some of the kids staples which is racking up our grocery bill! Therefore I am going to talk to her about implementing a food allowance for her so she can purchase what she needs and then she can be independent and it releases us from the pressure of having to factor in her needs into our grocery shopping. Pls can you advise me of a reasonable weekly/ monthly allowance for her food . I will stay buy her toiletries as I originally agreed with her . Thanks for your help all! Unless it's the kids food for medical reasons why not just buy more of it ? Having a maid is bound to increase your grocery bill it's an extra mouth to feed ...... unless you want to ration her ..... but that doesnt sound particularly inclusive.
Latest post on 24 August 2017 - 17:24
Is the stuff she is eating of the kids special dietary-requirement food or just food the kids like? If it due to allergies or something then just explain that to her but if not, I would just buy more of it, I can't imagine telling someone who I agreed to buy food for that she wasn't allowed to eat certain food. I wouldn't like to have my food bought for me but to then be told that, for example, you can't have crisps, they belong just to the kids... That just seems wrong and rather sad to me - I'll buy food for you but not the expensive stuff!!
Latest post on 24 August 2017 - 11:50
Dipping into kids staples like what? Just ask her not to eat the things that are for the kids' lunches or whatever

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY