Moving to Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to Dubai

Latest post on 27 August 2017 - 13:42

Hello, I apologise in advance as this post will be similar to lots of the other ones (which I have read through!).

We are looking to move to Dubai next year sometime. My husband will be working out here and I will be at home with our 18m old.
Where would be recommended to live? I've done some research but would like personal opinions. I love the idea of being on the beach so looking at JBR but wonder with a little one whether our own outdoor space might be better?
What do most stay at home mums get up to with their children?

We are hoping to save a little money whilst out there but would also like to have adventures and explore everything dubai has to offer. What sort of budget for activities and fun things etc should we aim for? Any ideas would also be lovely.

Thank you in advance

X

Latest post on 06 September 2017 - 09:44
Hii I have been in Dubai many times but have not lived there. So I cant come up with any recommendations on where to live. But I can advise you some places in the city to explore; there is the Marina Dubai where you can walk like nowhere else in the city, you also should see the famous fountains of Dubai and Burj Khalifa. For your kids, I would suggest to visit the Dubai Aquarium and the water park. They are not so expensive and your child will surely like them. You can look here for other activites: [url=https://tripplannera.com/things-to-do-in-united-arab-emirates-dubai'>link[/url'>
Latest post on 01 September 2017 - 00:56
We had to concentrate on the southern part of Dubai within an easy commute of the Marina and Internet City. So we didn't really research any of the areas further north. We were initially open minded about apartments or villas and therefore viewed plenty of both. It's obviously personal choice but we very soon decided that a villa was best for us as it offered more space, small garden, easy parking and a little more normality having moved from a house in the U.K. We have not regretted the decision at all. We chose Arabian Ranches as it was away from the main hussle and bussle but still close enough for everything you need. We viewed properties in Meadows, Jumeirah Village Triangle/Village circle, The Villa and many others ..... all really nice places and all have pros and cons. If you can I would highly recommend trying to get out here for a few days just to drive around view loads of property and get a feel for places. We spent a couple of long weekends here before moving and we knew exactly where we wanted to live before we came. Which cut down the time in a hotel and the stress of finding somewhere quickly. I would add that our kids are grown up but we still needed space for when they visit :) Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to you! And thank you again for the information it really is helpful :). Once things are a little more confirmed we are going to make a few trips over to see where would be best especially with a little one. What has been the best thing for you since moving there? x
Latest post on 29 August 2017 - 00:20
We had to concentrate on the southern part of Dubai within an easy commute of the Marina and Internet City. So we didn't really research any of the areas further north. We were initially open minded about apartments or villas and therefore viewed plenty of both. It's obviously personal choice but we very soon decided that a villa was best for us as it offered more space, small garden, easy parking and a little more normality having moved from a house in the U.K. We have not regretted the decision at all. We chose Arabian Ranches as it was away from the main hussle and bussle but still close enough for everything you need. We viewed properties in Meadows, Jumeirah Village Triangle/Village circle, The Villa and many others ..... all really nice places and all have pros and cons. If you can I would highly recommend trying to get out here for a few days just to drive around view loads of property and get a feel for places. We spent a couple of long weekends here before moving and we knew exactly where we wanted to live before we came. Which cut down the time in a hotel and the stress of finding somewhere quickly. I would add that our kids are grown up but we still needed space for when they visit :)
Latest post on 28 August 2017 - 23:30
Hello, I apologise in advance as this post will be similar to lots of the other ones (which I have read through!). We are looking to move to Dubai next year sometime. My husband will be working out here and I will be at home with our 18m old. Where would be recommended to live? I've done some research but would like personal opinions. I love the idea of being on the beach so looking at JBR but wonder with a little one whether our own outdoor space might be better? What do most stay at home mums get up to with their children? We are hoping to save a little money whilst out there but would also like to have adventures and explore everything dubai has to offer. What sort of budget for activities and fun things etc should we aim for? Any ideas would also be lovely. Thank you in advance X Hi I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions as there are many nice places to live out here. There are some important factors that are likely to have an impact on where you live. Firstly and most important will be your budget, then whether you want an apartment or villa, then last but not least the location of where your husband will be working (also how he will be commuting, car or Metro), then although it's a little way off keep in the back of your mind schools. Pointless setting your heart on somewhere only to find your husband has a nightmare journey to and from work every day or to find that it's way out of your budget. Does your hubby yet have a job offer and know what sort of housing budget you are looking at ..... that might help others advise.. Good luck !! Evening, Thank you for your reply. We have two budgets 150 for a flat and 180 for a villa. I'm keen to hear where people think are good places to live and also opinions on apartment life vs having a villa. We are waiting to hear where my husband will be based which I know will impact where we live but still good to get an idea. I think at the moment we are just looking at the one car (work base dependent). X
Latest post on 27 August 2017 - 21:37
Hello, I apologise in advance as this post will be similar to lots of the other ones (which I have read through!). We are looking to move to Dubai next year sometime. My husband will be working out here and I will be at home with our 18m old. Where would be recommended to live? I've done some research but would like personal opinions. I love the idea of being on the beach so looking at JBR but wonder with a little one whether our own outdoor space might be better? What do most stay at home mums get up to with their children? We are hoping to save a little money whilst out there but would also like to have adventures and explore everything dubai has to offer. What sort of budget for activities and fun things etc should we aim for? Any ideas would also be lovely. Thank you in advance X Hi I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions as there are many nice places to live out here. There are some important factors that are likely to have an impact on where you live. Firstly and most important will be your budget, then whether you want an apartment or villa, then last but not least the location of where your husband will be working (also how he will be commuting, car or Metro), then although it's a little way off keep in the back of your mind schools. Pointless setting your heart on somewhere only to find your husband has a nightmare journey to and from work every day or to find that it's way out of your budget. Does your hubby yet have a job offer and know what sort of housing budget you are looking at ..... that might help others advise.. Good luck !!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY