Travel advice desperately needed! | ExpatWoman.com

Travel advice desperately needed!

Latest post on 03 September 2017 - 04:01

Hi everyone!

I posted a while back stating I had been offered work which may potentially be based in Sharjah. I am patiently waiting at home to hear about location as they have recently stated it could literally be any emirate. As my partner is based in Dubai I would be unable to accept position if it is further than Sharjah.

I have since been contacted by another job asking me to attend interview this week in Dubai! I am still in U.K. However really would like to attend interview but have been told entering the country while the other job await confirmation of my acceptance of location to then apply for visa may cause issues. E.G if job is Dubai/Sharjah and I accept position, they then will go ahead to apply for visa and I will be trying to fly home during that period to then come back when visa is finalised. Is traveling to attend interview this week too risky?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, you can probably tell I am new to all of this!

Thanks again x

Latest post on 03 September 2017 - 16:52
Hi everyone! I posted a while back stating I had been offered work which may potentially be based in Sharjah. I am patiently waiting at home to hear about location as they have recently stated it could literally be any emirate. As my partner is based in Dubai I would be unable to accept position if it is further than Sharjah. I have since been contacted by another job asking me to attend interview this week in Dubai! I am still in U.K. However really would like to attend interview but have been told entering the country while the other job await confirmation of my acceptance of location to then apply for visa may cause issues. E.G if job is Dubai/Sharjah and I accept position, they then will go ahead to apply for visa and I will be trying to fly home during that period to then come back when visa is finalised. Is traveling to attend interview this week too risky? Any help would be greatly appreciated, you can probably tell I am new to all of this! Thanks again x The situation is not entirely clear ...... All depends on whether the visa for the first job is in process (doesn't sound as though it is as you haven't even had a job offer or accepted one ) ? They wouldn't normally apply for your visa until you accept the role. If the visa isn't in process then you should have no problem entering and leaving. If it is in process then depending on where it is you could cause problems to the process by entering.. It's difficult to comment further without knowing the exact circumstance.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY