What to wear on desert safari | ExpatWoman.com

What to wear on desert safari

Latest post on 13 September 2017 - 15:27
The first time I went Desert Safari I got motion sickness, next time I took meds for it and I was fine.. hope none of your parents are prone to motion sickness, though i guess its too late to be writing this as its Wednesday today!
Latest post on 12 September 2017 - 14:44
Really up to your preference of wear. Any kind of shorts and t-shirt. If you are uncomfortable with shorts, normal jeans or sweat pants. Also, a cut sleeve t-shirt might be an option honestly as some people tend to sweat more and prefer that as an option. Shoes do not matter so much because you will be tempted to take them off later and walk barefoot on the sand which is normal. Get a cap or hat, as the sun is not friendly. At night it gets chilly so a light jacket is good to have. No heels No dresses as with the wind they would fly and if you are looking to ride a camel or those four wheel motorcycles (not sure what they are called) it will be highly uncomfortable Do not wear shirts as you would feel you are over dressed for the occasion Try also to get a small bag so that you can hang it over your shoulder at all times without worry of leaving it behind to do any activities Personally I would also suggest to get tissues, wet wipes/ sanitizer with you as you might find the bathrooms lack them or run out quickly and there is usually no back up. Also, just for quick refreshment or cleaning off sand (basically so you dont run to the bathroom all the time to wash your hands or face) Hope this helps. Wow, thats great. Thank you so much for all of that! Would flip flops be ok for footwear or is a closed shoe better?? Flip flops will be fine... I wore them many times. But after I reached the camp i just took them off and walked barefoot. Also read a lot that sand is good for your feet, like a massage for them.
Latest post on 12 September 2017 - 10:14
Just wear comfy clothes and sandals. It is really low key, so don't try out something fancy. Sunglasses and a sunhat off course are good as well if you are very sensitive to the sun. Just relax and enjoy the fun.
Latest post on 11 September 2017 - 18:04
Really up to your preference of wear. Any kind of shorts and t-shirt. If you are uncomfortable with shorts, normal jeans or sweat pants. Also, a cut sleeve t-shirt might be an option honestly as some people tend to sweat more and prefer that as an option. Shoes do not matter so much because you will be tempted to take them off later and walk barefoot on the sand which is normal. Get a cap or hat, as the sun is not friendly. At night it gets chilly so a light jacket is good to have. No heels No dresses as with the wind they would fly and if you are looking to ride a camel or those four wheel motorcycles (not sure what they are called) it will be highly uncomfortable Do not wear shirts as you would feel you are over dressed for the occasion Try also to get a small bag so that you can hang it over your shoulder at all times without worry of leaving it behind to do any activities Personally I would also suggest to get tissues, wet wipes/ sanitizer with you as you might find the bathrooms lack them or run out quickly and there is usually no back up. Also, just for quick refreshment or cleaning off sand (basically so you dont run to the bathroom all the time to wash your hands or face) Hope this helps. Wow, thats great. Thank you so much for all of that! Would flip flops be ok for footwear or is a closed shoe better??
Latest post on 11 September 2017 - 11:01
Really up to your preference of wear. Any kind of shorts and t-shirt. If you are uncomfortable with shorts, normal jeans or sweat pants. Also, a cut sleeve t-shirt might be an option honestly as some people tend to sweat more and prefer that as an option. Shoes do not matter so much because you will be tempted to take them off later and walk barefoot on the sand which is normal. Get a cap or hat, as the sun is not friendly. At night it gets chilly so a light jacket is good to have. No heels No dresses as with the wind they would fly and if you are looking to ride a camel or those four wheel motorcycles (not sure what they are called) it will be highly uncomfortable Do not wear shirts as you would feel you are over dressed for the occasion Try also to get a small bag so that you can hang it over your shoulder at all times without worry of leaving it behind to do any activities Personally I would also suggest to get tissues, wet wipes/ sanitizer with you as you might find the bathrooms lack them or run out quickly and there is usually no back up. Also, just for quick refreshment or cleaning off sand (basically so you dont run to the bathroom all the time to wash your hands or face) Hope this helps.
Latest post on 10 September 2017 - 23:57
Hi ladies, I am taking my mum and dad on a desert safari on Wednesday. Looking for recommendations on what is best to wear on it please? TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY