Depression | ExpatWoman.com

Depression

Latest post on 26 September 2017 - 21:36
Hi. I was suffering from depression for few years and I thought it wasn't strong but last year at this time I couldn't handle life here any more so I asked my mother to come and I went to see doctor. I had very strong panic attacks, I couldn't see my future, I was in the dark. I got prescribed with antidepressant for I year and I.'m feeling much better now. I recently stop taking pills and I had few bad days but now I will start with psychotherapy just to have someone to talk outside my familyto resolve some issues I might have. Please don't pretend to be strong and don't pretend you can handle everything here. My husband never had any problems like that but he supported me. I told him that I'm not him and I can't handle things his way. I need to be happy first so I could be happy and good for my family. Please, if you can, talk to doctor. I saw neurologist, she wasn't even psychiatrist or psychological but she help me big deal. Even if you speak with your GP can help you. Anyway, best of luck for you.
Latest post on 23 September 2017 - 09:52
Hello dear, everyone has been at the worst part of their lives and All I can say for you that you can do it! We all have our ups and downs. Sometimes, we're happy. Sometimes we're not. I know it will not be easy but it will be worth it. Always remember that the community is always here for you. You're not alone with your battle. Cheer up! Because you deserve to smile :) Sending loves XOXO
Latest post on 20 September 2017 - 16:06
Hi ladies, So glad you took the step to connect. I am an accredited coach, and what I've learned is about the power of connection. You sound just plain lonely. Perhaps those who are feeling the same could plan a meet up and get to know each other. Making friends here can be hard, so you need to make an effort. I know when you're feeling down, you don't feel like making the effort, but taking action is the key. Another suggestion is to read the book "The Happiness Advantage" by Shawn Achor. It's a good read and he has lots of practical scientifically-based ideas for improving happiness. All the best, Donna
Latest post on 14 September 2017 - 10:35
Hi beadzyyy,...I'm sending u a virtual hug too...I understand ur feelings completely. I'm in this country since 16 years, still I feel like that these days....I'm a home maker n as now my kids r all grown up, elder one is in the university in the U.K. N younger one is busy in school...I don't have much friends either . The suggestions given above all very useful, read a good positive book,, gyming etc..whichever suits u, do that...n do not hesitate to take professional help if needed, hope u find happiness n peace soon...take care....???
Latest post on 14 September 2017 - 07:46
Hi Beadzyyy, Firstly, I want to say well done for putting down in words how you feel, and I'm sending you a virtual hug. I'm sorry you are feeling depressed. It is sad that you feel you can't talk to your husband about this, but I wondered if there is anyone else that you feel you could talk to, like a family member or friend who you trust and importantly, would be sympathetic. Have you thought about seeing a doctor? Depression is a very real problem and getting the right sort of help is important. Sometimes just a sympathetic ear, sometimes medication, but talking to a professional is the first step if that is something you feel able to do. Please do not try to struggle through this alone. Debbie x Debbie, thank you so much, that meant alot for me. I have told a family friend in the UK how i felt because she herself if Bipolar. But other than give advice, what can one really do? As for seeing a doctor, i wouldnt know where to begin.. and it also means explaning myself to my husband. Which is then going to make his feel low blame himself. He automatically thinks its because he isnt doing enough for me. But i know its not even related to him. I suppose its not really something that everyone understands unfortunatly.. x
Latest post on 14 September 2017 - 07:42
hi , I also arrived this February and I'm in exactly the same position as you ! I know no one , have applied for jobs but that also is tacking time , I'm trying to keep myself occupied but its difficult , I am living at the Marina (not far from JLT metro) I would love to meet for coffee if anyone is interested x I live in RAK..but if im ever on one of my "me days" in Dubai, will certainly love to arrange a coffee meet. And if you ever feel like a change, your more than welcome to visit RAK :)
Latest post on 14 September 2017 - 01:08
Hi Beadzyyy, Firstly, I want to say well done for putting down in words how you feel, and I'm sending you a virtual hug. I'm sorry you are feeling depressed. It is sad that you feel you can't talk to your husband about this, but I wondered if there is anyone else that you feel you could talk to, like a family member or friend who you trust and importantly, would be sympathetic. Have you thought about seeing a doctor? Depression is a very real problem and getting the right sort of help is important. Sometimes just a sympathetic ear, sometimes medication, but talking to a professional is the first step if that is something you feel able to do. Please do not try to struggle through this alone. Debbie x
Latest post on 13 September 2017 - 08:46
hi , I also arrived this February and I'm in exactly the same position as you ! I know no one , have applied for jobs but that also is tacking time , I'm trying to keep myself occupied but its difficult , I am living at the Marina (not far from JLT metro) I would love to meet for coffee if anyone is interested x
Latest post on 12 September 2017 - 12:29
Dear beadzyyy i also feel the same depression but in diffirent reasons,i came dubai because my husband work here but to me i cant find job here and i really not to used to live here,also he is busy with work we dont have kids i dont have any friends here so i am very lonely and despression in lots time,i guess this is called life ? I trying to paint ,do the planeting ,go gym ,and looking for job hardly .LoL. Hope you feel better soon!
Latest post on 12 September 2017 - 11:42
I feel your pain! But take care sometimes depression feelings can be cause because of vit D deficiency. Also try to go to the gym it relaxes me and also when the weather gets better spend sometime outside even if you are alone with a cup of coffee and a book.
Latest post on 12 September 2017 - 08:46
Morning Ladies... i am currently living in Ras Al Khaimah and i think im suffering from depression...i feel like its not something i can discuss with my husband because to him, depression doesnt exist. And "if your smiling, your not depressed". I dont have much time for a social life because of kids and family life. Im begnining to feel trapped, with noone to talk to about it.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY