Blond Hair Disaster | ExpatWoman.com

Blond Hair Disaster

Latest post on 16 September 2017 - 12:05

I had an amazing girl who used to do my blonde highlights. Sadly she returned to the U.K.
So I went to a hairdresser on the Beach Road. Worst mistake of my entire life.
I just wanted a few blonde highlights.
Rather than going into the full tragic story my hair is ruined and I mean ruined. It's snapped so much and is frizzy on top. I did have a lovely bob. I'm treating it myself everyday now. They gave me a treatment after me having to pay 50 dhs each way again by taxi. They offered me a Brazilian blowout which would have damaged my hair more. Offered me nail treatments which I declined as that wouldn't help my hair.
They had no idea how to colour my hair and I have been so upset I was even in tears in the salon as they even turned my hair grey and I mean grey.
I don't want to go back but I really need help. I'm so sick of people ruining my hair here and paying for the privilege.
Please can someone recommend an amazing hair dresser that knows her stuff that may be able to rescue what I have left.
I feel like I have been left with a full block colour of white and yellow and now my roots are coming through and I'm at a loss as to what to do.
I thought I had learnt my lesson years ago but now I'm back to square one.
I don't care the cost now just need serious help. Any great advice would be really appreciated. TIA.

Latest post on 14 December 2017 - 21:11
I had an amazing girl who used to do my blonde highlights. Sadly she returned to the U.K. So I went to a hairdresser on the Beach Road. Worst mistake of my entire life. I just wanted a few blonde highlights. Rather than going into the full tragic story my hair is ruined and I mean ruined. It's snapped so much and is frizzy on top. I did have a lovely bob. I'm treating it myself everyday now. They gave me a treatment after me having to pay 50 dhs each way again by taxi. They offered me a Brazilian blowout which would have damaged my hair more. Offered me nail treatments which I declined as that wouldn't help my hair. They had no idea how to colour my hair and I have been so upset I was even in tears in the salon as they even turned my hair grey and I mean grey. I don't want to go back but I really need help. I'm so sick of people ruining my hair here and paying for the privilege. Please can someone recommend an amazing hair dresser that knows her stuff that may be able to rescue what I have left. I feel like I have been left with a full block colour of white and yellow and now my roots are coming through and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I thought I had learnt my lesson years ago but now I'm back to square one. I don't care the cost now just need serious help. Any great advice would be really appreciated. TIA. My hairdresser is amazing at blondes ,she’s british and blonde herself which I think helps. she’s been doing my hair for 10 years and I always get compliments, she’s fixed a lot of my friends home colour disaster too. She works at Rossano Ferretti on beach road. check out her Instagram http://instagram.com/jennieindubai_hair X
Latest post on 14 October 2017 - 11:55
I also had issues with getting a natural colour for my blonde hair. I followed the recommendation of the other ladies in this thread and I went to see Claude in her salon. She recommended to put highlights in my hair to give it a natural look. I am very happy with the result. I must say that some salons just wants to make money and give the consultation based on how much they can earn from you, Claude however is a great professional, who wants the best for her client. I will definitely go back to her and I can recommend her strongly for anybody, who suffer in Dubai with their blonde .
Latest post on 24 September 2017 - 14:47
I have baby blond straight hair and too am so fussy about where i go I had several disasters here back in the days before hairdressers knew how to deal with blonds. I used to use Salon ink but then a friend who was freelance ( and much cheaper) started doing it however she has left Dubai so the ladies at Slam do it As the other posters say go by recommendation only as they can really mess it up here if they havent worked with blonds
Latest post on 22 September 2017 - 15:21
I had an amazing girl who used to do my blonde highlights. Sadly she returned to the U.K. So I went to a hairdresser on the Beach Road. Worst mistake of my entire life. I just wanted a few blonde highlights. Rather than going into the full tragic story my hair is ruined and I mean ruined. It's snapped so much and is frizzy on top. I did have a lovely bob. I'm treating it myself everyday now. They gave me a treatment after me having to pay 50 dhs each way again by taxi. They offered me a Brazilian blowout which would have damaged my hair more. Offered me nail treatments which I declined as that wouldn't help my hair. They had no idea how to colour my hair and I have been so upset I was even in tears in the salon as they even turned my hair grey and I mean grey. I don't want to go back but I really need help. I'm so sick of people ruining my hair here and paying for the privilege. Please can someone recommend an amazing hair dresser that knows her stuff that may be able to rescue what I have left. I feel like I have been left with a full block colour of white and yellow and now my roots are coming through and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I thought I had learnt my lesson years ago but now I'm back to square one. I don't care the cost now just need serious help. Any great advice would be really appreciated. TIA. I am very sorry to hear about your bad experience. I am a 6 year resident of Dubai have made similar experiences due to trusted and skilled people leaving and having to find someone new. My last bad hair experience (O Maria Salon in the Marsa Plaza/expensive as heck too yet) took about 1 year to recover from (terrible layers, and highlights that were way too much). I see that the ladies gave you recommendations and I hope it works out for you. I do not do any color anymore and let my hair grow into a bob. Only get 2 cm trims every 3 months. I am truly sick and tired of people messing up my hair.
Latest post on 19 September 2017 - 16:51
I had an amazing girl who used to do my blonde highlights. Sadly she returned to the U.K. So I went to a hairdresser on the Beach Road. Worst mistake of my entire life. I just wanted a few blonde highlights. Rather than going into the full tragic story my hair is ruined and I mean ruined. It's snapped so much and is frizzy on top. I did have a lovely bob. I'm treating it myself everyday now. They gave me a treatment after me having to pay 50 dhs each way again by taxi. They offered me a Brazilian blowout which would have damaged my hair more. Offered me nail treatments which I declined as that wouldn't help my hair. They had no idea how to colour my hair and I have been so upset I was even in tears in the salon as they even turned my hair grey and I mean grey. I don't want to go back but I really need help. I'm so sick of people ruining my hair here and paying for the privilege. Please can someone recommend an amazing hair dresser that knows her stuff that may be able to rescue what I have left. I feel like I have been left with a full block colour of white and yellow and now my roots are coming through and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I thought I had learnt my lesson years ago but now I'm back to square one. I don't care the cost now just need serious help. Any great advice would be really appreciated. TIA. Check my hairdressers facebook page, 'powered by Claude'. I trust that she will give the right consultation. I highly recommend her, Thank you so much valentinastafetta for your recommendation. I just returned from Claude. What a miracle worker. She could see the damage that had been done to my hair but managed to salvage it. It will take time for the full condition to get back to normal. But my colour is great. My advice to anyone that has or wants blonde highlights please go by highly recommended ones only. Check reviews online if you can. I have learnt my lesson now and it has cost me dearly. Please go to Claude if you are wanting someone good and with expertise. I have seen some amazing 'looking' salons here in Dubai but its pointless having them look great if some of their staff have no idea what they are doing. Some are just playing at being hairdressers and annoyingly.... we pay for it.:angry:
Latest post on 17 September 2017 - 09:34
I had an amazing girl who used to do my blonde highlights. Sadly she returned to the U.K. So I went to a hairdresser on the Beach Road. Worst mistake of my entire life. I just wanted a few blonde highlights. Rather than going into the full tragic story my hair is ruined and I mean ruined. It's snapped so much and is frizzy on top. I did have a lovely bob. I'm treating it myself everyday now. They gave me a treatment after me having to pay 50 dhs each way again by taxi. They offered me a Brazilian blowout which would have damaged my hair more. Offered me nail treatments which I declined as that wouldn't help my hair. They had no idea how to colour my hair and I have been so upset I was even in tears in the salon as they even turned my hair grey and I mean grey. I don't want to go back but I really need help. I'm so sick of people ruining my hair here and paying for the privilege. Please can someone recommend an amazing hair dresser that knows her stuff that may be able to rescue what I have left. I feel like I have been left with a full block colour of white and yellow and now my roots are coming through and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I thought I had learnt my lesson years ago but now I'm back to square one. I don't care the cost now just need serious help. Any great advice would be really appreciated. TIA. Check my hairdressers facebook page, 'powered by Claude'. I trust that she will give the right consultation. I highly recommend her, Thank you so much ladies. I'm trying Claude this week. Fingers and toes crossed. ??
Latest post on 17 September 2017 - 08:03
I had an amazing girl who used to do my blonde highlights. Sadly she returned to the U.K. So I went to a hairdresser on the Beach Road. Worst mistake of my entire life. I just wanted a few blonde highlights. Rather than going into the full tragic story my hair is ruined and I mean ruined. It's snapped so much and is frizzy on top. I did have a lovely bob. I'm treating it myself everyday now. They gave me a treatment after me having to pay 50 dhs each way again by taxi. They offered me a Brazilian blowout which would have damaged my hair more. Offered me nail treatments which I declined as that wouldn't help my hair. They had no idea how to colour my hair and I have been so upset I was even in tears in the salon as they even turned my hair grey and I mean grey. I don't want to go back but I really need help. I'm so sick of people ruining my hair here and paying for the privilege. Please can someone recommend an amazing hair dresser that knows her stuff that may be able to rescue what I have left. I feel like I have been left with a full block colour of white and yellow and now my roots are coming through and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I thought I had learnt my lesson years ago but now I'm back to square one. I don't care the cost now just need serious help. Any great advice would be really appreciated. TIA. Oh no, I feel your pain! I too have blonde hair and find it so hard to get it right. I have been going to Ted Morgan in Jumeirah. They are very good with blonde hair. The girls I have seen working there are from UK and really know what they are doing. Also, they do a treatment called olaplex. It is a strengthener for blonde hair and it is brilliant. I think it's around 200AED but I have noticed a big difference in my hair since I started getting it. Good luck
Latest post on 16 September 2017 - 20:01
Jacque at Jacque la coupe the Address Marina mall.
Latest post on 16 September 2017 - 19:44
I had an amazing girl who used to do my blonde highlights. Sadly she returned to the U.K. So I went to a hairdresser on the Beach Road. Worst mistake of my entire life. I just wanted a few blonde highlights. Rather than going into the full tragic story my hair is ruined and I mean ruined. It's snapped so much and is frizzy on top. I did have a lovely bob. I'm treating it myself everyday now. They gave me a treatment after me having to pay 50 dhs each way again by taxi. They offered me a Brazilian blowout which would have damaged my hair more. Offered me nail treatments which I declined as that wouldn't help my hair. They had no idea how to colour my hair and I have been so upset I was even in tears in the salon as they even turned my hair grey and I mean grey. I don't want to go back but I really need help. I'm so sick of people ruining my hair here and paying for the privilege. Please can someone recommend an amazing hair dresser that knows her stuff that may be able to rescue what I have left. I feel like I have been left with a full block colour of white and yellow and now my roots are coming through and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I thought I had learnt my lesson years ago but now I'm back to square one. I don't care the cost now just need serious help. Any great advice would be really appreciated. TIA. Natasha at Haiworks in Spinneys mall umm suqeim
Latest post on 16 September 2017 - 16:25
I had an amazing girl who used to do my blonde highlights. Sadly she returned to the U.K. So I went to a hairdresser on the Beach Road. Worst mistake of my entire life. I just wanted a few blonde highlights. Rather than going into the full tragic story my hair is ruined and I mean ruined. It's snapped so much and is frizzy on top. I did have a lovely bob. I'm treating it myself everyday now. They gave me a treatment after me having to pay 50 dhs each way again by taxi. They offered me a Brazilian blowout which would have damaged my hair more. Offered me nail treatments which I declined as that wouldn't help my hair. They had no idea how to colour my hair and I have been so upset I was even in tears in the salon as they even turned my hair grey and I mean grey. I don't want to go back but I really need help. I'm so sick of people ruining my hair here and paying for the privilege. Please can someone recommend an amazing hair dresser that knows her stuff that may be able to rescue what I have left. I feel like I have been left with a full block colour of white and yellow and now my roots are coming through and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I thought I had learnt my lesson years ago but now I'm back to square one. I don't care the cost now just need serious help. Any great advice would be really appreciated. TIA. Check my hairdressers facebook page, 'powered by Claude'. I trust that she will give the right consultation. I highly recommend her,

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY