What to REALLY wear in Bahrain? | ExpatWoman.com

What to REALLY wear in Bahrain?

Latest post on 27 September 2017 - 19:15

Hello Ladies,

I am moving to Bahrain next month for an extended period for business. I have searched and searched on fashion trends, and what I can actually wear in the country. What are some outfit recommendations that will accommodate the weather and the local policies, while still looking fashionable? Can I wear shirts that have a shoulder cut out? Shorts? Dresses? and so forth...

Latest post on 28 September 2017 - 12:52
Distressed jeans available in Next Bahrain!
Latest post on 27 September 2017 - 21:40
Thank you for your response DesertExpat! As far as jeans not at work, is some distressed allowed or do they need to be plain? Lastly, what about workout clothes? Are leggings and a work out shirt allowed?
Latest post on 27 September 2017 - 20:17
I wouldnt wear shorts out and about - and definetly not for work! Cut out shoulders you will probably get away with evenings and weekends, but it might attract attention. Not for work. Yes to dresses, but not too short, not skin tight, not see through and not massive cleavage. Basically, conservative. Strongly suggest covering shoulders and knees at all times. You will see less coverage but it's not advised, and may randomly cause issues. The temperature is dropping rapidly. If you are here in November, you may experience some heavy rain. And if the temp drops below about 25C, those aclimitised to the place will be in their winter woolies!!!!