Software for professional presentation of course handouts | ExpatWoman.com

Software for professional presentation of course handouts

Latest post on 08 October 2017 - 07:27

I feel that I have fallen through a technology gap; although I have great typing skills I'm not so good at presenting materials in any way other than through the standard Word/PowerPoint etc. I'd love to jazz up my presentation so that I can add nice graphics and snazzy headings and so on to course booklets, but I have no idea what software to use. I've just downloaded Pages but does anybody have any other recommendations for easy-to-use software, please? Or has anybody attended a course which addresses this?

Many thanks, ladies.

Latest post on 08 October 2017 - 14:30
Thank you, Pinks - your reply was really helpful. I always feel that I'm missing out and that there must be a better way to present materials but perhaps I won't worry so much now... Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Latest post on 08 October 2017 - 12:23
Hi Chunk I've worked in presentation graphics for the last 30 years (for government,and large financial institutions and the like), and even today, Word and PowerPoint are STILL the software of choice for presentations, handouts, and course material. There are so many templates available online or pre-loaded that you can use if you don't want to design your own. There's nothing worse than being given a copy of a presentation where there's so much color, weird fonts and only a few lines per page, that the message gets lost amid inappropriate clip-art, spelling mistakes, and other errors. You really can't go wrong by keeping it simple, clean and crisp, and running the spell check in whichever language you are using. HTH.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY