Questions! | ExpatWoman.com

Questions!

Latest post on 12 October 2017 - 23:46

Apologies for all the random posts and questions I'm just trying to get my head around moving!

Excluding rent what would people say is a good monthly income? Including bills and maybe some luxury items.
Medical and rent are covered already :)
Thanks in advance x

Latest post on 13 October 2017 - 18:58
Really depends on villa or apartment ? DEWA bills could be very different for both. If it’s an apartment you need to find out if your cooling charges are included in the rent ? There is a standing charge of 5% of your annual rent divided by 12 before you even use electricity or water. As an example for the summer months our DEWA for a villa (occupied by 2 of us) was 2000+ per month obviously lower in the winter months. Internet and TV package +/- 500 per month Car - I rent a small Ford for 1200 per month Mobile phone - minimum around 150 per month depending on use. Food shopping - you could easily spend 2-3000 for a family of 4 depending where you shop. You also need to factor potentially bringing a lump sum for startup costs DEWA deposit, Internet deposit, 5% agents fee, 5% deposit to landlord. The list goes on ..... also don’t overlook that 5% VAT starts in January, which will affect many things including DEWA. With respect if you are already moving here the cost of living is the first research that should have been done, you could have a huge shock regardless of your level of income. Again thank you so much for this. We have been doing as much research as we can but it's always useful to hear what other people are spending etc. We should be more than ok but I always like to factor for extras that may get overlooked. Thank you again for your advice. X
Latest post on 13 October 2017 - 17:04
Really depends on villa or apartment ? DEWA bills could be very different for both. If it’s an apartment you need to find out if your cooling charges are included in the rent ? There is a standing charge of 5% of your annual rent divided by 12 before you even use electricity or water. As an example for the summer months our DEWA for a villa (occupied by 2 of us) was 2000+ per month obviously lower in the winter months. Internet and TV package +/- 500 per month Car - I rent a small Ford for 1200 per month Mobile phone - minimum around 150 per month depending on use. Food shopping - you could easily spend 2-3000 for a family of 4 depending where you shop. You also need to factor potentially bringing a lump sum for startup costs DEWA deposit, Internet deposit, 5% agents fee, 5% deposit to landlord. The list goes on ..... also don’t overlook that 5% VAT starts in January, which will affect many things including DEWA. With respect if you are already moving here the cost of living is the first research that should have been done, you could have a huge shock regardless of your level of income.
Latest post on 13 October 2017 - 14:46
Apologies for all the random posts and questions I'm just trying to get my head around moving! Excluding rent what would people say is a good monthly income? Including bills and maybe some luxury items. Medical and rent are covered already :) Thanks in advance x Very difficult to answer without knowing more. Bills - What size property ? How many cars ? How many in the family . ? Etc etc Luxury items ? What do you mean .... it means totally different things to different people Happy to help but it’s a very vague question :) Thank you for the reply! We will be a family of 4, living in a 3bed (JBR hopefully). Looking to only have 1 car but will have to see. Luxury items meaning just fun things for us to do etc. Thann you x
Latest post on 13 October 2017 - 12:41
Apologies for all the random posts and questions I'm just trying to get my head around moving! Excluding rent what would people say is a good monthly income? Including bills and maybe some luxury items. Medical and rent are covered already :) Thanks in advance x Very difficult to answer without knowing more. Bills - What size property ? How many cars ? How many in the family . ? Etc etc Luxury items ? What do you mean .... it means totally different things to different people Happy to help but it’s a very vague question :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY