New Friends | ExpatWoman.com

New Friends

Latest post on 14 October 2017 - 09:17

Sorry to start a new thread on this subject but for some reason I ignore seems like I can't post on the already existing one :(
I've been in Dubai since March (lived here before back in 2011) And as much as I love the city and living here, making friends can be a bit challenging. I'm 29 years old and I'm here with my husband (no kids) I'm not working at the moment and I would love to join some of you for coffee, lunch, and if you're into it, why not shopping, cultural outings, exploring town, Spa days, cooking classes, workshops, etc. Dubai is a great place with so much to offer and I love trying new things but sometimes having to do things on my own makes me be less motivated. Hope I get to meet some of you ladies soon! Have a great day!

Latest post on 19 February 2018 - 08:45
Hi Everyone.I am 34 years old and from Armenia.I am living in Dubai and want to find friends.Someone is interested to meet :)
Welcome to ExpatWoman, MissH! Feel free to use our boards to connect with other expats living here, or you're welcome to come along to one of our next monthly meet-ups or coffee mornings to meet EWers face to face! Details can be found here- https://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/things-to-do/events
Latest post on 18 February 2018 - 13:49
Hi Everyone.I am 34 years old and from Armenia.I am living in Dubai and want to find friends.Someone is interested to meet :)
Latest post on 24 October 2017 - 13:04
You may join this facebook page of ladies (usually mummies) : https://www.facebook.com/groups/358388787626847/ We usually have ladies nights, ladies days, play day, etc. ;) Or join this MeetUp.Com and find a category of your interests so that you will meet like-minded people like yours by joining activities planned by the hosts ;) It was indeed difficult to find and keep friends here. I stick to these 2 groups and found great friends that shares similar interests as mine. I wasn't luck with EW meet-ups though, they seem to know each other a lot already and I felt out of place when I attended twice before :(
Latest post on 20 October 2017 - 14:32
Hello Johi, I relocated few months to Dubai and I want as well to meet new people. I agree, Dubai is amazing and you have so many options but its more fun if you hang out with some friends,. Please give a shout if you want to catch up for a coffee. Hi Miha/ everyone, I am also new to Dubai, and have been here for just over two months. It would be great to meet new people. I have noticed that a lot of the meet ups occur during the week. Unfortunately, because I am working during those times, it is impossible for me to attend. I appreciate everyone has a lot of commitments, particularly at the weekends, but Fridays and Saturdays, or alternatively, a week day evening, are the best times for me. If these times are suitable, and if anyone would like to meet, I would be ecstatic! ? Thank you, ladies! Look forward to hearing from you! ? P.S. I live in the Marina - not driving currently, but can travel via tram/ metro! ? Hi ladies, Please let me know when are you planning to see. Look forward to hearing back from you. Miha
Latest post on 17 October 2017 - 23:04
Hello. OK, Miha we will be in the Emirates Mall .0528324511 this is my number call me when you will arrive. See you tomorrow. Hermine Hi Hermine! I woul also like to join. Did you guys agreed on 1pm? Will text you ? thanks! See you! Hello Johi3S, 11:00 at the Mall of the Emirates. Hermine84 will be there, too. The Hummingbird Cafe, 2nd floor by Home Center. Beth Hello ladies, I don't know how long you will stay, as I mentioned I can come at 1pm. Hermine left her phone number, so I can send her a text to see if you are still around. If I don't catch you, I hope to see you soon. Miha
Latest post on 17 October 2017 - 22:35
Hello to the new ladies I look forward to meeting you all at Hummingbird tomorrow at 11. Kim ?
Latest post on 17 October 2017 - 16:58
Hello. OK, Miha we will be in the Emirates Mall .0528324511 this is my number call me when you will arrive. See you tomorrow. Hermine Hi Hermine! I woul also like to join. Did you guys agreed on 1pm? Will text you ? thanks! See you! Hello Johi3S, 11:00 at the Mall of the Emirates. Hermine84 will be there, too. The Hummingbird Cafe, 2nd floor by Home Center. Beth
Latest post on 17 October 2017 - 16:42
Hello. OK, Miha we will be in the Emirates Mall .0528324511 this is my number call me when you will arrive. See you tomorrow. Hermine Hi Hermine! I woul also like to join. Did you guys agreed on 1pm? Will text you ? thanks! See you!
Latest post on 17 October 2017 - 15:02
Hello. OK, Miha we will be in the Emirates Mall .0528324511 this is my number call me when you will arrive. See you tomorrow. Hermine
Latest post on 16 October 2017 - 23:24
Sorry to start a new thread on this subject but for some reason I ignore seems like I can't post on the already existing one :( I've been in Dubai since March (lived here before back in 2011) And as much as I love the city and living here, making friends can be a bit challenging. I'm 29 years old and I'm here with my husband (no kids) I'm not working at the moment and I would love to join some of you for coffee, lunch, and if you're into it, why not shopping, cultural outings, exploring town, Spa days, cooking classes, workshops, etc. Dubai is a great place with so much to offer and I love trying new things but sometimes having to do things on my own makes me be less motivated. Hope I get to meet some of you ladies soon! Have a great day! Hello Love to meet you for coffee. Also, go to the EW Monthly Meet Ups and sign up for one of the events they have arranged. You will meet other women who are making Dubai their home. Beth Hello Johi3S, Are you free on Wednesday for coffee? I'm hoping to get a group together to meet up at the Mall of the Emirates. Beth Hi Beth! Sorry for the late reply. Coffee on Wednesday sounds great! Just let me know the time and I’ll be there ? Cheers! Hi Joh3s, Hermine84 and lomoto, I would like to join you. I can make it tomorrow any time or otherwise Wednesday after 1pm. Please keep me posted. Miha
Latest post on 16 October 2017 - 19:47
Sorry to start a new thread on this subject but for some reason I ignore seems like I can't post on the already existing one :( I've been in Dubai since March (lived here before back in 2011) And as much as I love the city and living here, making friends can be a bit challenging. I'm 29 years old and I'm here with my husband (no kids) I'm not working at the moment and I would love to join some of you for coffee, lunch, and if you're into it, why not shopping, cultural outings, exploring town, Spa days, cooking classes, workshops, etc. Dubai is a great place with so much to offer and I love trying new things but sometimes having to do things on my own makes me be less motivated. Hope I get to meet some of you ladies soon! Have a great day! Hello Love to meet you for coffee. Also, go to the EW Monthly Meet Ups and sign up for one of the events they have arranged. You will meet other women who are making Dubai their home. Beth Hello Johi3S, Are you free on Wednesday for coffee? I'm hoping to get a group together to meet up at the Mall of the Emirates. Beth Hi Beth! Sorry for the late reply. Coffee on Wednesday sounds great! Just let me know the time and I’ll be there ? Cheers!
Latest post on 16 October 2017 - 12:07
Hi ladies, I can make it tomorrow morning or otherwise Wednesday at lunch time, after 1pm anytime. I look forward to hearing back from you. Best regards, Miha I will be at the Mall of the Emirates until 3pm. Let me know where you would like to meet. Beth
Latest post on 16 October 2017 - 10:52
Hi ladies, I can make it tomorrow morning or otherwise Wednesday at lunch time, after 1pm anytime. I look forward to hearing back from you. Best regards, Miha
Latest post on 16 October 2017 - 10:27
Sorry to start a new thread on this subject but for some reason I ignore seems like I can't post on the already existing one :( I've been in Dubai since March (lived here before back in 2011) And as much as I love the city and living here, making friends can be a bit challenging. I'm 29 years old and I'm here with my husband (no kids) I'm not working at the moment and I would love to join some of you for coffee, lunch, and if you're into it, why not shopping, cultural outings, exploring town, Spa days, cooking classes, workshops, etc. Dubai is a great place with so much to offer and I love trying new things but sometimes having to do things on my own makes me be less motivated. Hope I get to meet some of you ladies soon! Have a great day! Hello Love to meet you for coffee. Also, go to the EW Monthly Meet Ups and sign up for one of the events they have arranged. You will meet other women who are making Dubai their home. Beth Hello Johi3S, Are you free on Wednesday for coffee? I'm hoping to get a group together to meet up at the Mall of the Emirates. Beth
Latest post on 16 October 2017 - 10:23
Hello Johi, I relocated few months to Dubai and I want as well to meet new people. I agree, Dubai is amazing and you have so many options but its more fun if you hang out with some friends,. Please give a shout if you want to catch up for a coffee. Hi Miha/ everyone, I am also new to Dubai, and have been here for just over two months. It would be great to meet new people. I have noticed that a lot of the meet ups occur during the week. Unfortunately, because I am working during those times, it is impossible for me to attend. I appreciate everyone has a lot of commitments, particularly at the weekends, but Fridays and Saturdays, or alternatively, a week day evening, are the best times for me. If these times are suitable, and if anyone would like to meet, I would be ecstatic! ? Thank you, ladies! Look forward to hearing from you! ? P.S. I live in the Marina - not driving currently, but can travel via tram/ metro! ? Hi CurlyLocks, Welcome. Yes, because some of the ladies are not working (including me). I can make it Friday, or alternatively, a week day evening. @ Hermine84 I cannot make it tomorrow but if you are available we can meet for a coffee on Tuesday, in Mall of The Emirates Ladies, I look forward to hearing from you! ? Hello CurlyLocks, Hermine84, and Miha, Want to meet up at the Mall of the Emirates on Wednesday at 10:30 - 11:00 am for a coffee? Beth
Latest post on 15 October 2017 - 23:03
Hello Johi, I relocated few months to Dubai and I want as well to meet new people. I agree, Dubai is amazing and you have so many options but its more fun if you hang out with some friends,. Please give a shout if you want to catch up for a coffee. Hi Miha/ everyone, I am also new to Dubai, and have been here for just over two months. It would be great to meet new people. I have noticed that a lot of the meet ups occur during the week. Unfortunately, because I am working during those times, it is impossible for me to attend. I appreciate everyone has a lot of commitments, particularly at the weekends, but Fridays and Saturdays, or alternatively, a week day evening, are the best times for me. If these times are suitable, and if anyone would like to meet, I would be ecstatic! ? Thank you, ladies! Look forward to hearing from you! ? P.S. I live in the Marina - not driving currently, but can travel via tram/ metro! ? Hi CurlyLocks, Welcome. Yes, because some of the ladies are not working (including me). I can make it Friday, or alternatively, a week day evening. @ Hermine84 I cannot make it tomorrow but if you are available we can meet for a coffee on Tuesday, in Mall of The Emirates Ladies, I look forward to hearing from you! ?
Latest post on 15 October 2017 - 14:37
Hi everyone. I am here since in January and I know good what does it mean to be a new place. And I would like to meet you.Let us have a cup of coffee tomorrow morning in The Emirates mall or Marina Mall.
Latest post on 15 October 2017 - 00:45
Hello Johi, I relocated few months to Dubai and I want as well to meet new people. I agree, Dubai is amazing and you have so many options but its more fun if you hang out with some friends,. Please give a shout if you want to catch up for a coffee. Hi Miha/ everyone, I am also new to Dubai, and have been here for just over two months. It would be great to meet new people. I have noticed that a lot of the meet ups occur during the week. Unfortunately, because I am working during those times, it is impossible for me to attend. I appreciate everyone has a lot of commitments, particularly at the weekends, but Fridays and Saturdays, or alternatively, a week day evening, are the best times for me. If these times are suitable, and if anyone would like to meet, I would be ecstatic! ? Thank you, ladies! Look forward to hearing from you! ? P.S. I live in the Marina - not driving currently, but can travel via tram/ metro! ?
Latest post on 14 October 2017 - 16:37
Hello Johi, I relocated few months to Dubai and I want as well to meet new people. I agree, Dubai is amazing and you have so many options but its more fun if you hang out with some friends,. Please give a shout if you want to catch up for a coffee.
Latest post on 14 October 2017 - 14:03
Sorry to start a new thread on this subject but for some reason I ignore seems like I can't post on the already existing one :( I've been in Dubai since March (lived here before back in 2011) And as much as I love the city and living here, making friends can be a bit challenging. I'm 29 years old and I'm here with my husband (no kids) I'm not working at the moment and I would love to join some of you for coffee, lunch, and if you're into it, why not shopping, cultural outings, exploring town, Spa days, cooking classes, workshops, etc. Dubai is a great place with so much to offer and I love trying new things but sometimes having to do things on my own makes me be less motivated. Hope I get to meet some of you ladies soon! Have a great day! Hello Love to meet you for coffee. Also, go to the EW Monthly Meet Ups and sign up for one of the events they have arranged. You will meet other women who are making Dubai their home. Beth
Latest post on 14 October 2017 - 11:38
Hello, I do agree living in a new country, you may find yourself missing friends and family more than you had anticipated. It is natural to feel intimidated when striking out on your own in a new place. I do feel the same as i also have moved recently in April. I have my Cousin and some friends here. I would suggest try and join some meet up groups or try to have intractions with your neighbourhood. People are friendly over here and if you are an extrovert you will be able to make friends soon :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY