Landlord Dispute (Lawyer Assistance) | ExpatWoman.com

Landlord Dispute (Lawyer Assistance)

Latest post on 16 October 2017 - 11:50

[b]Hi,

I am currently having a dispute with my landlord and need some legal assistance but cannot afford a high notch lawyer and need to have my issue resolved before being forced to vacate my apartment. My renewal contract date is Oct 31, 2017 and my landlord wants to increase the annual rental contract and make me pay for empower for the previous year I was living in the apartment as well as the next year if I decide to renew.
That is going to be an extra AED 5,000.00 for the empower previous year and then the expenses for the next year 2017-18. This was never mentioned in the contract that I would be responsible for Empower expenses. Also, the value of the rental contract is already higher than the market asking PRICE! My neighbors living a few floors above me pay 6,000 dhs less than I do every year. They also pay four checks and I pay in two checks at a time. He wont budge at all and rejects my calls as he is avoiding me and I am worried I come home one day and find my stuff lying on the doorstep
I have taken super great care of the apartment and fixed it up. He wouldn't find a tenant that would take care of it as his own the way I have and I have invested so much already
Any suggestions or assistance?[/b]

Latest post on 24 October 2017 - 14:13
Ya tell me about it! Preach girl! Thank god for an all women's forum! This is all new to me tbh.. I have moved to Dubai recently from the US and things here are done differently.. Takes time getting used to. I wouldn't mind giving them a call if you can share there info. As long as they don't charge an arm and a leg, I have no issue giving it a try! This company was great with giving advice in legal situations like this and they are extremely affordable. Their website is www.asettadvisory.com. They review your case and give you the right directions on what steps you need to take. someone else spamming asettadvisory ....... pay for adverts if you want to promote them !
Latest post on 23 October 2017 - 19:00
Hi, i would recommend a good law firm that can handle your issues! Please contact Mr. Joel U. Diokno on his mobile No. +971 55 381 9217. He is working as a marketing executive at Al Nassar & Company Advocates and Legal Assistance in Dubai UAE.. your positive call is greatly appreciated. best regards, riz
Latest post on 22 October 2017 - 13:33
Hi hk2017 Have you checked RERA? Link below. this tells you what the landlord can charge for where you’re living. Nearly everywhere has seen a rent reduction from 2016 so I’d be surprised if he can increase it. Once you’ve checked why not contact the agent who found you the apartment (if you used one) as they should advise you on options If he’s threatening to overcharge you. http://www.dubailand.gov.ae/English/Pages/rental-increase-calculator.aspx
Latest post on 17 October 2017 - 10:25
Ya tell me about it! Preach girl! Thank god for an all women's forum! This is all new to me tbh.. I have moved to Dubai recently from the US and things here are done differently.. Takes time getting used to. I wouldn't mind giving them a call if you can share there info. As long as they don't charge an arm and a leg, I have no issue giving it a try! This company was great with giving advice in legal situations like this and they are extremely affordable. Their website is www.asettadvisory.com. They review your case and give you the right directions on what steps you need to take.
Latest post on 16 October 2017 - 18:34
[b'>Hi, I am currently having a dispute with my landlord and need some legal assistance but cannot afford a high notch lawyer and need to have my issue resolved before being forced to vacate my apartment. My renewal contract date is Oct 31, 2017 and my landlord wants to increase the annual rental contract and make me pay for empower for the previous year I was living in the apartment as well as the next year if I decide to renew. That is going to be an extra AED 5,000.00 for the empower previous year and then the expenses for the next year 2017-18. This was never mentioned in the contract that I would be responsible for Empower expenses. Also, the value of the rental contract is already higher than the market asking PRICE! My neighbors living a few floors above me pay 6,000 dhs less than I do every year. They also pay four checks and I pay in two checks at a time. He wont budge at all and rejects my calls as he is avoiding me and I am worried I come home one day and find my stuff lying on the doorstep I have taken super great care of the apartment and fixed it up. He wouldn't find a tenant that would take care of it as his own the way I have and I have invested so much already Any suggestions or assistance?[/b'> Firstly he cannot kick you out and leave your items on the doorstep. He would have to file for an eviction notice and it takes a year Secondly did the LL give you 3 months notice prior to the renewal dateto increase the rent? Did he also give you 3 months notice to ask for the Empower costs? And rent increases are done by the rent calculator have you checked that? If the 3 months notice wasn't given then the rent rolls over at the same cost as last year and there is nothing he/she can do about it You have more rights than the LL You don't need a lawyer. Check the real estate laws and tell him you have spoke.n to the rent committee and know your rights If he won't accept payment then you can lodge the cheques with the Rent Commitee who will pass them on. He cannot enter your property or change the locks so don't worry .
Latest post on 16 October 2017 - 18:34
[b'>Hi, I am currently having a dispute with my landlord and need some legal assistance but cannot afford a high notch lawyer and need to have my issue resolved before being forced to vacate my apartment. My renewal contract date is Oct 31, 2017 and my landlord wants to increase the annual rental contract and make me pay for empower for the previous year I was living in the apartment as well as the next year if I decide to renew. That is going to be an extra AED 5,000.00 for the empower previous year and then the expenses for the next year 2017-18. This was never mentioned in the contract that I would be responsible for Empower expenses. Also, the value of the rental contract is already higher than the market asking PRICE! My neighbors living a few floors above me pay 6,000 dhs less than I do every year. They also pay four checks and I pay in two checks at a time. He wont budge at all and rejects my calls as he is avoiding me and I am worried I come home one day and find my stuff lying on the doorstep I have taken super great care of the apartment and fixed it up. He wouldn't find a tenant that would take care of it as his own the way I have and I have invested so much already Any suggestions or assistance?[/b'> Firstly he cannot kick you out and leave your items on the doorstep. He would have to file for an eviction notice and it takes a year Secondly did the LL give you 3 months notice prior to the renewal dateto increase the rent? Did he also give you 3 months notice to ask for the Empower costs? And rent increases are done by the rent calculator have you checked that? If the 3 months notice wasn't given then the rent rolls over at the same cost as last year and there is nothing he/she can do about it You have more rights than the LL You don't need a lawyer. Check the real estate laws and tell him you have spoke.n to the rent committee and know your rights If he won't accept payment then you can lodge the cheques with the Rent Commitee who will pass them on. He cannot enter your property or change the locks so don't worry .
Latest post on 16 October 2017 - 16:15
Ya tell me about it! Preach girl! Thank god for an all women's forum! This is all new to me tbh.. I have moved to Dubai recently from the US and things here are done differently.. Takes time getting used to. I wouldn't mind giving them a call if you can share there info. As long as they don't charge an arm and a leg, I have no issue giving it a try!
Latest post on 16 October 2017 - 16:09
HK2017, I had a girlfriend who was in a similar situation. You have your rights girl! I know things can get really pricey in dubai. I went with her to alot of lawyer meetings and they wanted a crazy amount of at least 6-12,000 aed, just as a retainer fee for a small claims case! With everything you have invested you are within your legal right to file a claim. I would recommend seeing the consultant my friend went to see. Their company is called asett advisory they are so great with cases like this. I was shocked to see how fairly they had charged her for their service too! They got back to her really quickly and they were able to guide her through the process. She actually ending up filing and winning against the landlord. I think we have all be in a situation where we just want to get some good advice and not get taken advantage of.... I mean that is why we are all on this forum right? :rainbow:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY