When to tell employer I'm pregnant? | ExpatWoman.com

When to tell employer I'm pregnant?

Latest post on 09 November 2017 - 12:39
No such mandated rule... I had to declare as company pays my insurance and maternity benefits were tied to my declarations and claims.
Latest post on 05 November 2017 - 10:46
There is no law ..... but why wouldn’t you want to tell them ? Because unfortunately 'some' companies have been known to terminate employment when they've found out a staff member is pregnant. I believe it is not legal to terminate if you gave notice of it officially. If you don’t report it, they may say they terminated you on performance basis, they have not noticed the pregnancy. The law does not say by when the notice should be given, but it mandates maternity leave.
Latest post on 23 October 2017 - 15:36
There is no law ..... but why wouldn’t you want to tell them ? Because unfortunately 'some' companies have been known to terminate employment when they've found out a staff member is pregnant. Yes, sad but true! ... but tell you must. After the first trimester should be the right time to tell though as very few chances of miscarriage by then and pregnancy is confirmed.
Latest post on 22 October 2017 - 17:21
There is no law ..... but why wouldn’t you want to tell them ? Because unfortunately 'some' companies have been known to terminate employment when they've found out a staff member is pregnant.
Latest post on 22 October 2017 - 15:13
Hi ladies I've been googling and googling but can't find an answer.. it may be that there isn't one but thought to ask here as well. Is there any kind of law that stipulates we have to tell our employers we are pregnant by a certain date? IE - we need to tell them at 3 months? While I'm on it - curious to hear any experiences you had in informing your employer you were pregnant. Any sticky situations? I'm not excited to inform my employer! :( Thanks Saff xx Its really on your choice. I did it very early (8th week) as I had severe morning sickness. It depends on when you are comfortable. our HR always requested a medical letter asking us to confirm our pregnancy by the 5th month for their records.
Latest post on 22 October 2017 - 10:04
After finishing your first trimester is the norm - so in your 4th month of pregnancy. Maximum 5th. I told my boss in my 4th month, to give them enough time to find a temporary replacement while I was on maternity leave. Is there a reason you're not looking forward to it?
Latest post on 20 October 2017 - 21:18
There is no law ..... but why wouldn’t you want to tell them ?
Latest post on 20 October 2017 - 12:04
Hi ladies I've been googling and googling but can't find an answer.. it may be that there isn't one but thought to ask here as well. Is there any kind of law that stipulates we have to tell our employers we are pregnant by a certain date? IE - we need to tell them at 3 months? While I'm on it - curious to hear any experiences you had in informing your employer you were pregnant. Any sticky situations? I'm not excited to inform my employer! :( Thanks Saff xx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY