Abandoned Wife, Sharia Divorce | ExpatWoman.com

Abandoned Wife, Sharia Divorce

Latest post on 22 October 2017 - 15:45

My friend was abandoned by her womanizing husband and seeks a diviorce. Can anyone recommend a legal firm who can help her to get her rights according to Sharia that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. There are no children involved nor UAE properties. Friends have been quoting AED 25,000 plus which is unaffordable. Thanks

Latest post on 29 May 2022 - 06:30
Hi I am married to an emarati man legally and I am in a UAE family book. I am from philippines. I came to back here in UAE with our child on a visit visa but since we came my husband did not support us even one dirham even for my son. He did not even make the passport for my son. He is not even calling us. He doesn’t even care if we have house to stay. Me and my son are just staying in my friends flat and I dont have money anymore. How can I ask help or can I go to court without spending a lot money. I have my son with me. Where can I go? Or ask help to hear me out. I have all the legal documents with me. Please help me thank you
Latest post on 08 November 2017 - 22:26
My friend was abandoned by her womanizing husband and seeks a diviorce. Can anyone recommend a legal firm who can help her to get her rights according to Sharia that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. There are no children involved nor UAE properties. Friends have been quoting AED 25,000 plus which is unaffordable. Thanks Good morning regarding your abandoned friend please give her my contact details Ill help her in the best way possible including financially ( 056 372 6083 ) Aren’t you connected with a company called ‘High Life International Events’ ? ...... someone else perhaps promoting themself or having some other motive rather than having a genuine interest in helping others on here !! ....... (if anyone is interested just search the phone number on Google) Im a lawyer ( Legal Consultant in UAE ) and I wrote that I can surely help the lady I dont understand your question about the events company ! Read my message again please The phone number you have posted is associated with an ‘events’ company called High life International events. Unfortunately lots of people trawl forums such as these purporting to offer help, when all they have in mind is their own self interest. Which law firm do you work for ? If you are being kind enough offering your professional services and finance then you won’t mind sharing that :) For divorce, either muslims or not, the one whom is filling for divorce don’t need a lawyer, however a lawyer always encouraged. I knew a lady went through very bad divorce and she did have the divorce, the ex tried to destroy her reputation but the judge didn’t believe the ex. The lawyer wasn’t really good honestly, but the lady got her divorce and child support and other request. Now the courts first will take the divorce request and try to do councelling sessions between the husband and the wife, as per my memory the family courts is in garhoud near the metro station, and remember one important thing: in family courts; they always side by the woman, and I think she can request assistance regarding the lawyer as she doesn’t have income. I am sorry the friend of OP is going through this, it’s bad time in any woman’ Life and yes she will be awarded her full dowry. One more thing: she need to file for divorce too in their home country because there are assets and Dubai family courts do consider the ruling of the country courts regarding assets and they do consider the findings too. Ask your friend to go to her consulate and ask for help to file for divorce there. Hugs and sending positive vibes
Latest post on 07 November 2017 - 21:10
My friend was abandoned by her womanizing husband and seeks a diviorce. Can anyone recommend a legal firm who can help her to get her rights according to Sharia that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. There are no children involved nor UAE properties. Friends have been quoting AED 25,000 plus which is unaffordable. Thanks Good morning regarding your abandoned friend please give her my contact details Ill help her in the best way possible including financially ( 056 372 6083 ) Aren’t you connected with a company called ‘High Life International Events’ ? ...... someone else perhaps promoting themself or having some other motive rather than having a genuine interest in helping others on here !! ....... (if anyone is interested just search the phone number on Google) Im a lawyer ( Legal Consultant in UAE ) and I wrote that I can surely help the lady I dont understand your question about the events company ! Read my message again please The phone number you have posted is associated with an ‘events’ company called High life International events. Unfortunately lots of people trawl forums such as these purporting to offer help, when all they have in mind is their own self interest. Which law firm do you work for ? If you are being kind enough offering your professional services and finance then you won’t mind sharing that :)
Latest post on 07 November 2017 - 08:05
My friend was abandoned by her womanizing husband and seeks a diviorce. Can anyone recommend a legal firm who can help her to get her rights according to Sharia that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. There are no children involved nor UAE properties. Friends have been quoting AED 25,000 plus which is unaffordable. Thanks Good morning regarding your abandoned friend please give her my contact details Ill help her in the best way possible including financially ( 056 372 6083 ) Aren’t you connected with a company called ‘High Life International Events’ ? ...... someone else perhaps promoting themself or having some other motive rather than having a genuine interest in helping others on here !! ....... (if anyone is interested just search the phone number on Google)
Latest post on 26 October 2017 - 14:22
Oh no, I'm very sorry to hear about her situation :( Yes it's hard to prove, maybe he's put up pictures on social media, or are there any witnesses? If she goes down to Dubai Courts they can tell her what her options are, and what kind of evidence they would need. It makes me really sad to hear about cases like this, I wish her all the best inshaAllah.
Latest post on 26 October 2017 - 12:33
Thanks, Khula is not an option. He owes her 100 K as per the Sharia contract, he hasn't paid her anything financially in over X years. He has stolen most of their money and changed the locks on their overseas properties. One lawyer has estimated 75,000, another 60,000 and another 25,000. This is an awful situation. I read in the National that one woman was doing it herself and had already paid over 60,000 but that article was written by the law firm that quoted 60,000. My friend is at her wit's end.... How do you prove adultery unless caught in the act?
Latest post on 25 October 2017 - 14:54
She might not need a lawyer.. My friend got a Khula (divorce) here (shes Muslim and so was her husband) and she went to Dubai Courts, they heard her case and saw her evidence. They first try a reconciliation period (3 months I think) after which if she still wants a Khula (not divorce, theres a difference in the 2 but both result in legal separation) she can get it after some court hearings. Her husband didn't put up a fight, and her case was strong, which helped. In a Khula she wont get as many financial rights as she would with a divorce, but it's a lot quicker and easier. -- Edited to add: I have heard that if the girls case is very strong e.g. adultery or abuse, the court can give her a divorce (not Khula) even if the husband doesn't agree. Again, best for her to go to Dubai Courts directly first and find out.
Latest post on 25 October 2017 - 00:31
Well, I just had a great experience with them and so has everyone I have referred them too! When you find help that does not hurt your pocket, its a good thing to share, I am just helping out on this forum just as you are!! I am sad to see that this bothers you, but thanks for keeping up with my posts! bye: It doesn’t bother me but when someone pipes up continually plugging a company who has just registered it’s pretty obvious what you are up to ...... will be interesting to see as time goes on whether you simply disappear or continue to offer other women your genuine support beyond plugging a law firm that could well be dubious !
Latest post on 24 October 2017 - 15:24
Well, I just had a great experience with them and so has everyone I have referred them too! When you find help that does not hurt your pocket, its a good thing to share, I am just helping out on this forum just as you are!! I am sad to see that this bothers you, but thanks for keeping up with my posts! bye:
Latest post on 24 October 2017 - 14:11
My friend was abandoned by her womanizing husband and seeks a diviorce. Can anyone recommend a legal firm who can help her to get her rights according to Sharia that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. There are no children involved nor UAE properties. Friends have been quoting AED 25,000 plus which is unaffordable. Thanks Hi, I have a relative that has gone thru a very similar situation and legal advice is quite expensive. She was lucky to come across a firm (www.asettadvisory.com) and they treated her like family. She faced no stress financially and her attorney always managed situations with ease. You should give them a call and I am more than sure that there quote is nothing close to 25K. Do you ever make a post without promoting asettadvisory ? ...... anyone could get the impression you had an interest in them and where promoting their services (which is against forum rules ) ;)
Latest post on 23 October 2017 - 18:54
good Evening Mahr, regarding your issues, i would like to recommend Mr. Joel U.Diokno who is working at Al Nassar and Company Advocates and Legal Consultants. You may contact him in his mobile nos. +971 55 381 9217. He works as a marketing Executive. a positive call from you is greatly appreciated. best regards, Riz

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY