Birth Experience FYI - Mediclinic (was Al Noor) Airport Road | ExpatWoman.com

Birth Experience FYI - Mediclinic (was Al Noor) Airport Road

Latest post on 01 November 2017 - 14:57

I just thought I would post this because when I was choosing a hospital for pre-natal and birth there was very little recent information available so hopefully this can help mums to be in the future.

I had a scheduled C-Section in early September 2017 under the care of Dr Eman (OB) who I had seen from week 6 of my pregnancy. I can not recommend her more highly, her bedside manner is wonderful (she even brought me biscuits and juice when I was recovering on her day off!) she is very professional and speaks excellent English.
The hospital has fewer western patients than some others but no-one ever drew attention to the fact I felt fully welcome.
I had a few minor complications early on and it seems the team as a whole are extra cautious (I had 4 scans by week 12) and I know that things were picked up that would not have been in the uk, although It was nothing major and would have turned out fine anyway. Everyone there is very professional and gave me full confidence so I trusted their advice 100%.
My C-Section was scheduled due to a stubborn breach baby, they do not offer external version here to turn babies so my Dr advised that I could go to corniche just for that if I wished, I chose not to. The operation itself was uneventful and was as good as I could have hoped for, the Anaesthetist I had was the head one and an absolutely lovely man, I did not feel his needles at all! The only downside here is that husbands are not allowed in the theatre, which didn’t bother us but I know it would some. My husband still got to see our daughter almost immediately.
After care was excellent in our private where my husband could stay overnight on a sofa bed. Food is also good here with a variety of choices each day.
My daughter need to stay on the neonatal ward for two nights due to low blood sugar and again the team there very wonderful. I was allowed to stay an extra night as I was breastfeeding. Normally the stay after C-Section would have been 48 hours.
Everything is provided for Mum and baby here, I literally only need clothes for myself and clothes and blankets for baby. We also received a mediclinic changing bag full of samples of lotions, creams etc and a changing mat, our endurance is Daman Enhanced so I’m not sure if others would also get this,

Overall my experience was great and I could not be happier with the care that my daughter and I received. I hope this has been helpful for those looking for a hospital!