Skype/Whatsapp | ExpatWoman.com

Skype/Whatsapp

Latest post on 08 November 2017 - 08:49

Good morning ladies!

I was wondering if Skype and/or Whatsapp calls work in Dubai? I have read some reports that they do and others that they are now blocked. The calls on Whatsapp connect up, but can't hear a thing.

Can anyone kindly clarify. Have a good one! Thanks!! :)

Latest post on 14 November 2017 - 00:55
If VPN is used then both skype and Watsapp work fine As long as you don’t get caught using a VPN https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/28/vpn_users_in_uae_face_544k_fine/
Latest post on 12 November 2017 - 17:50
Thank you ladies! Whatsapp did work even if only for a couple of minutes before dropping completely. Some WiFi connections worked better than others, so maybe where you use it matters too.
Latest post on 09 November 2017 - 12:27
If VPN is used then both skype and Watsapp work fine
Latest post on 08 November 2017 - 17:05
PC to PC video calling works on Skype, calls have never worked, unless you use a go around. Whatsapp and other VoiP calls are blocked - always have been.
Latest post on 08 November 2017 - 10:48
We have started having issues with Skype as well from time to time ........... we've had the same experience with WhatsApp as @sarahlou123 .... never managed to get the calling to work here
Latest post on 08 November 2017 - 09:57
Good morning ladies! I was wondering if Skype and/or Whatsapp calls work in Dubai? I have read some reports that they do and others that they are now blocked. The calls on Whatsapp connect up, but can't hear a thing. Can anyone kindly clarify. Have a good one! Thanks!! :) Skype yes. Sadly never been able to use Whatsapp calls

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY