Driving from Dubai to Oman | ExpatWoman.com

Driving from Dubai to Oman

Latest post on 13 November 2017 - 13:20

6 of us are driving to Muscat on the long weekend, planning to leave on Thursday 30th November (very early in the morning!!). I am looking for any advice on which border crossing to take, how long it will take etc. We are all residents of the UAE, is the oman visa still ~50dhs? Do we have to be on the list of approved professions? Any advice for this road trip including routes to take and places to see would be greatly appreciated :)

Latest post on 20 November 2017 - 21:01
Hi Jennyj87, yes its 50 AED for visa on arrival for residents + 35 AED for exiting dubai. You can drive thru Hatta border. Remember you have to carry vehical insurance papers( insurance including Oman is covered )and your medical insurance papers (just in case of emergency).Do not carry alcohol to or from Oman now a days they have been very strict and check even if its families ( when i say check it means they open each n every bag and car in detail) .Take care and have a safe journey.;)
Latest post on 16 November 2017 - 17:54
I think if you are GCC residents, it's still 5 OMR (50 DHS). https://fridaymagazine.ae/travel/oman-visa-fees-unchanged-for-gcc-residents-1.2027549
Latest post on 15 November 2017 - 09:25
6 of us are driving to Muscat on the long weekend, planning to leave on Thursday 30th November (very early in the morning!!). I am looking for any advice on which border crossing to take, how long it will take etc. We are all residents of the UAE, is the oman visa still ~50dhs? Do we have to be on the list of approved professions? Any advice for this road trip including routes to take and places to see would be greatly appreciated :) The only thing i know is that the cost to cross increased a few years back and now costs almost AED200 each. You need your Passport, do not carry alcohol and you don't need to be on a list of approved professions.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY