Deposit for maid | ExpatWoman.com

Deposit for maid

Latest post on 19 November 2017 - 07:20
Dear All, my Sri Lankan maid has been told that a new employer would have to pay a 20,000dhs deposit when they sponsor her. I can only find on EW a maximum deposit of around 3,500 - a heck of a difference. She was told this by some PRO at the company who used to sponsor her when she worked for her previous family (he was a surgeon and his clinic did the visa etc) Can anyone shed light on this? I think she's been completely mis-informed. I believe that the level of deposit is set by her home country embassy, the rules do change and it does differ country to country.
Latest post on 18 November 2017 - 10:10
Dear All, my Sri Lankan maid has been told that a new employer would have to pay a 20,000dhs deposit when they sponsor her. I can only find on EW a maximum deposit of around 3,500 - a heck of a difference. She was told this by some PRO at the company who used to sponsor her when she worked for her previous family (he was a surgeon and his clinic did the visa etc) Can anyone shed light on this? I think she's been completely mis-informed.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY