Waterproof Duvet Cover...? | ExpatWoman.com

Waterproof Duvet Cover...?

Latest post on 24 November 2017 - 07:58

Some guests came to stay and soiled the bed in the worst way possible! They did not tell me this when they left us that morning and so I did not change the duvet cover for a few hours whilst I cleaned up the rest of the house for our next set of guests arriving that very same evening!

Imagine my surprise (and panic!) when I realised the leaving present they had provided for my entertainment! By the time I found it it had soaked right through to the duvet itself...

Anyway, these particular guests will be returning (yes, I think I am mad!!) and I have been trying to find a waterproof duvet cover to protect us from future incidents! I cannot find anything here and so am concerned that I am going to have to bring one back with me from the UK which will potentially be heavy and fill my entire suitcase.....therefore my question is:

Has anyone seen a WATERPROOF DOUBLE DUVET COVER anywhere in Dubai and if so, how much did it cost? I can get one for about £10 from Amazon.co.uk so am hoping that there is something for a similar price here in Dubai!?

I realise that this is probably not something many people need, but am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction!!

Thank you ever so much!

Latest post on 24 December 2017 - 19:11
I don't know if there is such thing as water proof duvet cover but I bought amazing mattress protectors for my bed and my kids beds from [url=http://storeleaks.com/store/homecentre'>Home Centre[/url'>. They are cotton and comfy on one side and water proof on the other side. I highly recommend and + they are easy to wash and fit in your washing machine. Here they are: https://www.homecentre.com/ae/en/Decor-%26-Furnishing/Home-Furnishings/Bedding/Mattress-%26-Pillow-Protectors/HOME-CENTRE-Micro-Fibre-Waterproof-Mattress-Protector---180x210x33-cms/p/120970319-HCB17AUG15 they have different sizes. about your guests maybe they were too shy to tell you I can imagine or is there any chance they didn't notice it themselves?
Latest post on 19 December 2017 - 09:31
Yes, I do wonder why I had them back! I always wonder this when they come to stay, but that is another issue...! Fortunately, I did manage to find a waterproof duvet on Amazon.co.uk and I brought it back with me from England in my suitcase the week before they arrived!! (It was sent to me in a normal duvet-cover-sized package as you would usually buy at the shops, and only weighed 0.5kg so easy to transport back without taking up too much space or weight in a suitcase!) So it IS possible to get hold of such things but perhaps only in the UK rather than the UAE. The protector rustles A LOT but it does the job and that's the main thing for me as I won't be using it ;)
Latest post on 24 November 2017 - 13:26
There are not any waterproof duvet covers -you will not be able to find them anywhere. Who would do such a thing? Why are you having these people back again? What will you say to them? Are they incontinent? If so they should have their own pads for that or you can get them from medical suppliers.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY