New to Dubai and Pregnant - Help! | ExpatWoman.com

New to Dubai and Pregnant - Help!

Latest post on 28 November 2017 - 12:07

Hello ladies,

I know there are multiple posts on this subject but I am a little overwhelmed so looking for some advice. Very happy to find out I am 5 weeks pregnant with my second child after moving to Dubai in August.

I have consulted my insurance company who have give me a list of Hospitals that I can use and I have narrowed it to Mediclinic City Hospital. HOWEVER, I had a natural birth with my first child and am keen to do the same again and many of the doctors who have come recommended at City only do c-sections.

I have heard great things about Dr Elsa however she has recently left City Hospital and has now opened her own clinic which isn't covered by my Insurers so I am back to square one. Can anyone recommend any good docs who are pro-natural?

On another note, I am confused about the whole scan/midwife etc situation as I am from the UK where it is pretty straightforward. When do I get my first scan? And does my OBYGN do this or do I have to go to a separate clinic for this?

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Latest post on 14 December 2017 - 09:13
If you can go to American Hospital, I would highly recommend it. Dr Raj and Dr Braithwait there b oth are pro-natural. I had my baby with Dr Raj in Jan and she is a very confident and capable doctor. Dr Braithwaite delivered my friends baby and she spoke highly of her.
Latest post on 12 December 2017 - 13:32
Congratulations ! I had a surprise pregnancy after years of infertility and it was managed very well by team of Medcare... my gynac was Dr.Luthra who is head of dept there too. She isnt keen on c-section at all but in 8th month my BP started dipping low and she had to do an emergency c section to avoid fetal stress.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY