Notice period for Gratuity | ExpatWoman.com

Notice period for Gratuity

Latest post on 07 December 2017 - 12:35

Hello, Does anybody know does your month's notice count in your end of service gratuity calculation?
If you stay 5 years the gratuity in my husband's company is calculated at a higher rate than if you are less than that. If he hands his notice in one month short of the 5 years but works the month up to 5 years does that count or is he missing the cut, his HR says he does. You have to be a full 5 years before resigning, would this be right? thanks!

Latest post on 08 December 2017 - 22:55
The notice period is counted as a part of the employment. Otherwise, why would they pay for it?
Latest post on 07 December 2017 - 16:52
Hello, Does anybody know does your month's notice count in your end of service gratuity calculation? If you stay 5 years the gratuity in my husband's company is calculated at a higher rate than if you are less than that. If he hands his notice in one month short of the 5 years but works the month up to 5 years does that count or is he missing the cut, his HR says he does. You have to be a full 5 years before resigning, would this be right? thanks! It’s the full 5 years where my husband works ...... not sure if it differs though.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY