Becoming a pilot | ExpatWoman.com

Becoming a pilot

Latest post on 07 December 2017 - 21:13

A bit of a random question - if you’ve been a helicopter pilot and now want to train as a commercial pilot do any of the airlines help with the training (financial as well as flying hours)? I understand this might tie you to the company but is it still an option? Any help would be appreciated.

Latest post on 10 December 2017 - 09:09
A bit of a random question - if you’ve been a helicopter pilot and now want to train as a commercial pilot do any of the airlines help with the training (financial as well as flying hours)? I understand this might tie you to the company but is it still an option? Any help would be appreciated. pprune is the best place to go to however i don't think any of the airlines help with financials. Expect to pay a large amount to train
Latest post on 09 December 2017 - 15:14
Agree, pprune is definitely where you need to go. Etihad, Emirates and Air Arabia all run pilot training programmes. I have a friend you used to be an army chopper pilot, is now flying commercially - so it can be done.
Latest post on 08 December 2017 - 15:43
HI Bob. You might get more helpful replies if you ask your question on 'pprune.org'. There are many active boards with lots of question/answer forums. Good luck.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY