TransferIng money to U.K. | ExpatWoman.com

TransferIng money to U.K.

Latest post on 14 December 2017 - 19:06

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the best and cheapest way to transfer money to U.K. please.

Also,, I know that it is legal to carry 10,000 pounds in cash into U.K. but would a bank let you deposit it ?

Latest post on 26 December 2017 - 11:11
We've been using a company called Currency Index for the last 6 years. All done via online banking and the more you transfer the better the exchange rate. https://www.currencyindex.co.uk/
Latest post on 17 December 2017 - 23:53
Depositing large quantities of cash in the UK is not so much a tax issue but relates to the banks reporting obligations and due diligence in relation to money laundering, hence that you sometimes encounter questions about its origin. Which is generally no big deal.
Latest post on 17 December 2017 - 11:34
Hi, Can anyone tell me the best and cheapest way to transfer money to U.K. please. Also,, I know that it is legal to carry 10,000 pounds in cash into U.K. but would a bank let you deposit it ? Ring your UK bank and ask . Mine are aware i live abroad and am tax exempt. I have deposited large amounts in the past but now do it via my bank
Latest post on 14 December 2017 - 22:55
Hi, Can anyone tell me the best and cheapest way to transfer money to U.K. please. Also,, I know that it is legal to carry 10,000 pounds in cash into U.K. but would a bank let you deposit it ? Sorry can’t advise on forex services other than exercise a lot of caution using online services some are regulated and some not out here. You can pay £10k into a UK bank, you may get asked some questions but they are only doing their bit for money laundering. Really depends on your relationship with the bank and whether it flags up as unusual.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY