any feedback on living in shorooq mirdif? | ExpatWoman.com

any feedback on living in shorooq mirdif?

Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 15:59
Hi, Is there any updated feedback on Shorooq in Mirdif? Considering moving to Mirdif since rents everywhere else just seem ludicrous :\ Thanks!
Latest post on 17 April 2012 - 23:02
https://www.facebook.com/groups/shorooq/ Lots of people complaining and moving out, my next door moved out 2mths ago before the end of their lease and had to pay to leave early and didnt get refund on rent .... <em>edited by Babylons on 17/04/2012</em>
Latest post on 17 April 2012 - 23:00
have to admit I don't know what the security guards do. I don't live there, but when I do visit I just drive in, they have never bothered to stop me like they do in AR or whatever - either they are just for decoration or they only stop people who look a certain way? They do stop people... Rox, they may, but I pop in there not infrequently and have never been stopped.
Latest post on 17 April 2012 - 22:52
have to admit I don't know what the security guards do. I don't live there, but when I do visit I just drive in, they have never bothered to stop me like they do in AR or whatever - either they are just for decoration or they only stop people who look a certain way? They do stop people...
Latest post on 17 April 2012 - 22:51
One word for anyone thinking of moving here - DONT! Sadly, I was happy to move in 2 yrs ago (see my comments below) but how things change with actually living here .... Ive been here 2 yrs and leaving for MANY reasons. Check out the FB page for Shorooq and you will have all the issues listed there, it makes good reading. There are rat traps everywhere, you can hear rats in your fake ceiling scuffling around, if you take a ground floor apartment beware of rising damp that will not only look ugly but is bad for your health, be warned about the cracks, he leaking ceilings, the collapsing false ceiling tiles spreading dust and germs and water all over your kitchen, beware of the leaking sewerage water from the bathroom above you into or onto your bed, maintenance who dont understand or fix or report or ..... I dont think I need to go on, but I will ... There was supposed to be a pool and community area, there is no sign of this and the likelihood is it will never appear, security APPEAR to be doing their job but in reality anyone can get in and out, there are joy riders skidding and screeching around in the early hours, Ive had strange men try to get into my apartment and then when I open the door they realise they have the wrong apartment, people park wherever they want even though there is ample parking space - they are just too lazy to walk a few more steps... The whole community has avoided the regular checks as Im advised it is owned by someone important and influential ..... but i dont want to gossip - however the apartments have gone without safety checks on the maintenance. yes we all get fire blankets and hoses but thats superficial and many apartments now have these. The public areas are a mess and not looked after in many areas, there have been budget cuts, poor management, you cant speak to a person who can make a decision the company is so big, and response time is slow, internet takes ages to be connected to new apartments and you can ONLY use DU. There are many rules and regulations and they will keep changing and you will come home to find new updates of these rules, that change form your lease agreement and community rules .. some are quite farcical (see FB page) and residents laugh now about many of them. The rules are blatantly ignored by many (no satellite dishes to be placed on balconies -- mm ok!, no pets - oh yeah ok, ignore that one too ....oh cats and fish are ok ... but there are many dogs and dogs poo .... and how about the dont close off the balconies to make another room, oh you mean DO close the balcony and make it into another room....). Its comical, but Ive wasted too much work time off and personal time waiting for maintenance who dont show up or who show up late and decided that even if I move to somewhere that has the same poor record, I may as well do it nearer a beach! Apartments dont have any white goods, but the villas do .... Good luck to anyone moving to Shorooq (Ghoroob is better but in a few yrs will be the same as Shorooq) and remember - Theyve reduced the price of a 1 bedroom from AED43-48k to AED39k plus 2 months free therefore 14mths rent for AED39k - if it seems to good to be true, it is! But if you just want cheap accommodation go for it! Please can you send link of FB page... I've only seen 1 and there is only 1 complaint....
Latest post on 17 April 2012 - 22:47
have to admit I don't know what the security guards do. I don't live there, but when I do visit I just drive in, they have never bothered to stop me like they do in AR or whatever - either they are just for decoration or they only stop people who look a certain way?
Latest post on 17 April 2012 - 22:45
Each to their own... Been in Shorooq 2 yrs as well as really enjoy it... Odd things grind me but hey, Welcome to Dubai.... Its cheap and close to everything... Have had maintenance issues but have always been fixed the same day. Like I said, each to their own...But we really enjoy it here. HTH
Latest post on 17 April 2012 - 22:39
One word for anyone thinking of moving here - DONT! Sadly, I was happy to move in 2 yrs ago (see my comments below) but how things change with actually living here .... Ive been here 2 yrs and leaving for MANY reasons. Check out the FB page for Shorooq and you will have all the issues listed there, it makes good reading. There are rat traps everywhere, you can hear rats in your fake ceiling scuffling around, if you take a ground floor apartment beware of rising damp that will not only look ugly but is bad for your health, be warned about the cracks, he leaking ceilings, the collapsing false ceiling tiles spreading dust and germs and water all over your kitchen, beware of the leaking sewerage water from the bathroom above you into or onto your bed, maintenance who dont understand or fix or report or ..... I dont think I need to go on, but I will ... There was supposed to be a pool and community area, there is no sign of this and the likelihood is it will never appear, security APPEAR to be doing their job but in reality anyone can get in and out, there are joy riders skidding and screeching around in the early hours, Ive had strange men try to get into my apartment and then when I open the door they realise they have the wrong apartment, people park wherever they want even though there is ample parking space - they are just too lazy to walk a few more steps... The whole community has avoided the regular checks as Im advised it is owned by someone important and influential ..... but i dont want to gossip - however the apartments have gone without safety checks on the maintenance. yes we all get fire blankets and hoses but thats superficial and many apartments now have these. The public areas are a mess and not looked after in many areas, there have been budget cuts, poor management, you cant speak to a person who can make a decision the company is so big, and response time is slow, internet takes ages to be connected to new apartments and you can ONLY use DU. There are many rules and regulations and they will keep changing and you will come home to find new updates of these rules, that change form your lease agreement and community rules .. some are quite farcical (see FB page) and residents laugh now about many of them. The rules are blatantly ignored by many (no satellite dishes to be placed on balconies -- mm ok!, no pets - oh yeah ok, ignore that one too ....oh cats and fish are ok ... but there are many dogs and dogs poo .... and how about the dont close off the balconies to make another room, oh you mean DO close the balcony and make it into another room....). Its comical, but Ive wasted too much work time off and personal time waiting for maintenance who dont show up or who show up late and decided that even if I move to somewhere that has the same poor record, I may as well do it nearer a beach! Apartments dont have any white goods, but the villas do .... Good luck to anyone moving to Shorooq (Ghoroob is better but in a few yrs will be the same as Shorooq) and remember - Theyve reduced the price of a 1 bedroom from AED43-48k to AED39k plus 2 months free therefore 14mths rent for AED39k - if it seems to good to be true, it is! But if you just want cheap accommodation go for it!
Latest post on 17 April 2012 - 08:58
New to Dubai and kids got places at DESS and DESC for sept. Does anyone know anything about shorook villas and apartments in mirdiff Ie do they have pools etc. many thanks.
Latest post on 19 March 2011 - 15:40
Sunshine22, i think you have moved out few weeks ago?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY