Kuwait Education ExpatWoman
recent threads recent posts search posts faq rules
Home » Pregnancy, Babies & Toddlers » Bottle for EBF Baby
Pages: 1

gingercat
Posts 407

05/01/2013 09:56:20
I had success with Breastflow bottles too. Not available in Babyshop any more but you can get them on mumzworld.com. x

sami
Posts 282

05/01/2013 00:28:18
I tried tommee tippe, Avent and nuk the only thing my DD liked was pigeon. One thing that helped for her consistency every night I gave her an ebm bottle she didn't drink properly for months but finally caught on.
I have two brand new Dr. Brown bottles to give away for free if any one is interested.

kiwispiers
Posts 3000

03/01/2013 21:35:46
I've only ever tried tommie tippie closer to nature. I did read once that you should look for teats that most closely resemble your own nipples, but frankly, my nipples don't look like any of those teats!

globetrotter1
Posts 74

03/01/2013 21:10:58
I just bought a couple of "Boots" brand bottles and one Philips Avent wide neck bottle. I have two more medela bottles that came with the Medela breast pump. Has anybody tried any of these bottles?
Can you share your experiences?

evelyn2000
Posts 168

03/01/2013 12:37:42
http://shop.yoomi.com/products/new-8oz-feeding-system

What about this one,looks interesting and has build in warmer.

SanamN
Posts 7

03/01/2013 12:20:58
I'm in the same situation. My 3month old LO don't know how to suck from the bottle. She's EBF, tried Avent and Pigeon bottles, have been giving her bottle since a month now but in vain. Others have also tried to feed her while I'm away. She has altogether maybe sucked 4-5 times, then she somehow forgets the technique.
I would love to try the Madela Calma and Tommee Tippee. Where can I find the calma bottles here?
Did any of you try Avent natural? How does that suit for EBF babies?? Not yet launched here in guess

champagneblonde
Posts 265

27/03/2012 20:59:18
Have you tried just the normal Medela 150ml bottle with the slow flow teat? Not the Calma?
I EBF for 6 months then weaned on to expressed & eventually formula as well... It took a while!
I also found it easier if her dad or the nanny gave her bottles in the beginning, as I think with me she could smell it & was holding out for the real thing! Hang in there & persevere...
Good luck!

dramaqn
Posts 1331

18/03/2012 09:22:25
Used Tommee Tippee, but heard Dr Browns is also good Another one, but not available here though, is Born Free.

DubaiCat
Posts 9925

17/03/2012 20:06:06
I found the only bottle DD would take was the Breastflow one. I got it in BabyShop and ordered stage two teats online.

Ymo2000
Posts 45

17/03/2012 18:28:57
Dr. Browns bottles are great .... I've used them for a colicky baby and a preterm baby while breastfeeding at the same time. I preferred the wide neck ones and I order them off amazon and shop n ship them here.

Shella
Posts 161

17/03/2012 18:19:31
Tommee Tippee for 2nd DD and one with an extra teat inside for DD1. Think it may be called Breat Flow. Both bought from Babyshop and both worked well. It''s all trial and error really. Took DD1 7 months to take any bottle and DD2 5 months. Meant only I could feed them until they would accept a nightime bottle.

Good luck.

gauri
Posts 27

17/03/2012 16:30:05
Hi

I have been trying in vain for the last couple of weeks to get my nearly-three month old to take a couple of feeds of pumped milk from a bottle. I have tried the Medela Calma on a friend's recommendation but she ends up sucking too much air from that and is quite uncomfortable.

Do any of you have suggestions for bottles/nips that worked for you when you introduced them to your baby? Would love to be able to get out occasionally

Pages: 1

Abu Dhabi Dubai Bahrain Kuwait Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia Azerbaijan Singapore Hong Kong Vietnam Site Map

© 2001 - , ExpatWoman.com. All Rights Reserved.