LoYAC- Lothan Youth Achievement Center
Lothan Youth Achievement Center for both genders (6-28 years) is a non- profit organisation founded in 2002, working towards the overall development of the youth. It is headquartered in Bayt Lothan, Salmiya.
LoYAC Mission Statement:
"We strive to provide the youth with unique opportunities to help them evolve into highly effective young leaders"
- Peace is our prime awareness message
- Professional competence of youth
- Help youth find their sense of purpose
- Empowering youth to unleash their creativity
- Promote drama and performing arts
- Physical well- being for youth
- Local and worldwide partnerships
- Most reputable and recognized youth organisaton worldwide
- Distinguished research center for youth related issues
- Fully integrated headquarter
LoYAC enhances the value of volunteering in youth, which can improve personalities and give a sense of responsibility towards the community and country. LoYAC's efforts were supported by all community service centers which offered volunteering opportunities to our students during the Summer Program 2011.
- Abeer 2 Voluntary Team for Mentally Disabled
- Down Syndrome Center
- Kuwait Red Crescent
- Kuwait Society for the Handicapped
- Al-Kharafi Activity Kids Center
- Kuwait Center for Autism
- Foster Care Center
- Elderly Care Center
- Ministry of Social and Labor affairs
- Paradise Institute for Social Training
LAPA- LoYAC's Academy of Performing Arts
It's the first Academy in Kuwait that provides classes in Hip Hop, Break dance, Salsa, Drama, Guitar and Puppet theatre. They train students to perform in major events and annual theatrical productions.They strive to provide the youth with unique opportunities to help them evolve into highly effective young performers.
LoYAC Book Club - Read. Communicate. Create
The LoYAC Book Club is for age 11 – 18. Book Club has 3 main objectives. The primary and most important objective is to promote reading habit among youth. We strive to build a relation between the youth and books and help them understand the meanings of literary works.
Communication is the most common problem among most of our youth. There is a lack of confidence, communication skills and proper pronunciation. Our second objective is to improve communication skills. For this reason, we have allocated 15 minutes in our weekly meetings for an open discussion among youth on any topic decided during the meetings.
Through this, they communicate with each other, exchange their views and their confidence is built.
Our third objective is to allow students to CREATE new things and to come up with new positive ideas. We provide a platform for our students in the form of different events and competitions. The youth is encouraged to give new ideas to promote reading and improve communication skills among new comers in the Club.
Weekly meeting takes place on every Saturday 6pm in LoYAC
For more information visit their website www.loyac.org