Guide to Oman ExpatWoman
recent threads recent posts search posts faq
Home » Foodie Forum » Can I freeze pancake mix?
Pages: 1

McB
Posts 240

21/01/2012 11:58:54
Yes you can freeze the freshly made mix.I have for years .

Kooky wrote:
My DD always wants pancakes in the morning, but I'm loathe to keep the mix in the fridge for the following day as it has raw eggs in it and I'm paranoid about them! Is it possible to freeze the mix in one pancake portions?

holly
Posts 825

09/12/2011 09:34:36
Apricot wrote:
Catawba KSE wrote:
I wouldn't freeze batter. I just make a huge batch of pancakes and freeze them - all you have to do is pop them in the toaster to reheat.
Make life even easier and remember to separate each cooked pancake with a bit of wax or parchment paper before freezing... Nothing like sawing thru frozen pancakes to get 1 out, not that I've ever done that...

Hee hee! Love it - good tip!

bbcb
Posts 416

08/12/2011 23:07:09
Not - you cant freeze it but you can store it for 3 days in the fridge covered in an airtight container x

Apricot
Posts 2641

07/12/2011 00:30:59
Catawba KSE wrote:
I wouldn't freeze batter. I just make a huge batch of pancakes and freeze them - all you have to do is pop them in the toaster to reheat.
Make life even easier and remember to separate each cooked pancake with a bit of wax or parchment paper before freezing... Nothing like sawing thru frozen pancakes to get 1 out, not that I've ever done that...

Kooky
Posts 355

06/12/2011 18:17:33
Sometimes I worry about myself .... I never even thought of that! Thanks - great idea!

Catawba KSE
Posts 1336

06/12/2011 11:00:13

Kooky
Posts 355

06/12/2011 07:38:50
My DD always wants pancakes in the morning, but I'm loathe to keep the mix in the fridge for the following day as it has raw eggs in it and I'm paranoid about them! Is it possible to freeze the mix in one pancake portions?

Pages: 1

2 Users Currently Online

Abu Dhabi Dubai Bahrain Kuwait Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia Azerbaijan Singapore Hong Kong Vietnam Site Map

© 2001 - , ExpatWoman.com. All Rights Reserved.