Directions / Preparation method:
1. Brown the mince in a large pan with a splash of olive oil.
2. Dice the onion finely and add to the pan until golden brown.
3. Reduce the heat of the pan.
4. Add in the two tins of tomatoes, a table spoon of tomato puree, the kidney beans and stir thoroughly.
5. Add in the chili packet mix and the water and combine with all the ingredients.
6. Now for the secret ingredient- it's the Bisto Gravy Granules that enhance the beefy flavour of this chili- start. to sprinkle the granules over the chili and stir until they disolve- usually 2 tablespoons is enough but you can add more later.
7. Stir everything together well and simmer for 30 minutes on a very low heat- taste and add more chili powder if more of a kick is needed.
8. If things haven't thickened up enough- add more gravy granules- if things are too thick- add more water.
9. Serve with fluffy white rice, tortilla wraps, sour cream and grated cheese.
10. Keeps well in the fridge and chili always tastes better the next day when it's had time to brew! Freezes well too. Great over a baked potato in an emergency.