SISD’s Merit Scholarship constitutes a reduction in the full school fees of 50% applied to the 2019-2020 academic year.
Swiss International Scientific School in Dubai seeks to encourage all-around educational excellence by providing merit scholarships to highly deserving students enrolling in Grades 10 and 11 at the school.
SISD’s Merit Scholarship constitutes a reduction in the full school fees of 50% applied to the 2019-2020 academic year´s tuition fee and replaces any other discount. It is valid for the remainder of the student’s time at SISD, subject to mid-term reviews.
To remain on the scholarship for subsequent years, students must maintain an exemplary academic and disciplinary record. The award of the scholarship is subject to review at the end of the first semesters of Grade 10 and Grade 11. The scholarship may be discontinued if the recipient does not pass this mid-term review.
Eligibility for the scholarship to be awarded is predicated on the re-registration and return of the student in the following academic year. Scholarship recipients who withdraw from SISD without sufficient and valid notice will be charged the full 100% amount of tuition fees.
Merit Scholarship recipients can enjoy advantages when applying for further education. Prestigious universities see that these students already have a track record of receiving academic scholarships.
The eligibility criteria are a guide as to the minimum expected requirements. The award of the scholarship is at the sole discretion of the school.
- Applicant demonstrates outstanding academic achievements in the past three years
- Applicant demonstrates potential to obtain and exceed a minimum of 40 points in the IB Diploma Programme at the end of Grade 12
- Applicant excels in the SISD Merit Scholarship entrance assessment and interview
- Applicant provides evidence of English language level of CEFR B2, IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Applicant provides evidence of a faultless record of academic honesty from their previous school
Responsibilities of Recipients
Merit Scholarship students are expected to contribute to all elements of school life in a spirit of excellence and dedication. While scholarship recipients are academically competitive, they pursue excellence in a community-minded, collaborative manner. We expect scholarship holders to become leaders in school activities and to be positive role models to others.
The student must demonstrate outstanding service to the school and SISD community.
The student must demonstrate a commitment to providing leadership in both academics and co-curricular activities.
The student must demonstrate a commitment to both, the school’s core values and those of the IB Learner Profile within and beyond the classroom.
The school will offer Scholarships only to successful applicants based on criteria of academic record, assessment and interview results. There are a limited number of Scholarships available and the review of applications is ongoing. Early application is highly recommended due to a limited number of places available.
- Candidates for the merit scholarship must submit:
- Academic reports for the last three years
- 2 Teacher and Section Head recommendations
- English language certificate
- Motivation letter from the student
- Other supporting documents
- Candidates for the merit scholarship must complete their application for admission to SISD by the regular deadline of May 2019 for entry in September 2019.
- Candidates must attend Merit Scholarship entrance assessment and interview.
For further information please visit: SISD’s Admission Procedures