New to Dubai & Due April 2015 | ExpatWoman.com

New to Dubai & Due April 2015

Latest post on 23 January 2015 - 18:42
surrey610 is it okay to ask you a question? I was wondering if you are insured for your pregnancy or are you having to pay for delivery? Im asking because my husband has just moved to Riyadh and We were hoping to starting trying for a baby however, I don't know whether to wait until i have got my iqama and under his insurance (could take 6 months plus) or just starting trying. Im not sure if insurance will cover if im already pregnant? Hope everything goes well - don't worry I think ur in safe hands in Dubai - i might even go there to give birth over Riyadh!
Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 18:11
Hi, my delivery choices were between Latifa Hospital and Al Zahrah hospital in Barsha. Whereas I personally know an ob-gyn at Latifa Hospital, who delivered my 2nd baby naturally and safely even with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and shoulder, I also personally know an ex NHS midwife who trained all the midwives at Zahrah Hospital Barsha. I did a cost comparison as well, and the costs seem about the same, provided all goes well, with Zahrah charging Dhs 1,000/- more for circumcision. Ultimately I chose Latifa Hospital, primarily due to familiarity with the facility (I delivered 2 babies there, NVD)/ midwives in the labor ward/ my ob friend, but also because should the baby be admitted into NICU, I have full confidence in the skill and sheer experience of the team. NB: Latifa Hospital has a cut-off of 26 weeks for registering expat pregnant women, whereas Al Zahrah has no cut-off date.
Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 09:30
Hi! I delivered at American Hospital in 2008, it honestly wasnt the best experience, as I ended up with an 'unnecessary' c-section. No with my 3rd pregnancy im back at American hospital wit another doctor, however im thinking to switch again to Al Zahra hospital (Al Barsha) as its very pr-natural and ive heard only great things about it as its also run by midwives. Google some reviews for it I would say :) Btw, im also helping organize a Hypnobirthing course to start in Feb and March if you're interested with a trained professional. Let me now if you are interested!! Thanks Hi I have just moved here due to husbands job 5 days ago and need as much advice and guidance as possible. My main worry is where to have the baby? I need to choose a hospital as soon as possible but I'm not sure which one. I've heard good things about the American hospital. Does anyone have any information or perhaps experience of giving birth in Dubai? It would be really nice to meet other mums in my position. It's a bit daunting moving here 6 months pregnant, knowing no one.
Latest post on 04 January 2015 - 15:34
Hi I have just moved here due to husbands job 5 days ago and need as much advice and guidance as possible. My main worry is where to have the baby? I need to choose a hospital as soon as possible but I'm not sure which one. I've heard good things about the American hospital. Does anyone have any information or perhaps experience of giving birth in Dubai? It would be really nice to meet other mums in my position. It's a bit daunting moving here 6 months pregnant, knowing no one.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY